• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

Three seed FSU was blown out by eleven seed Xavier.  Xavier did not receive a single vote in the final AP poll.  The 25 point loss in the second round has ended FSU's season.  Meanwhile, the Gators beat Virginia by 26 points to advance to the sweet sixteen.

FSU will neither win the basketball title nor advance further in the tournament than the Gators.

Missed your posts lately Gator2222.  Go Gators!

#42 gatordad3

gatordad3

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:49 AM

LOF is the Donald Trump of this forum.

Uhh, more like Rachel Maddow, Shepard Smith, Anderson Cooper, and Don Lemon.
  • vulcan_alex and gator_tom like this

#43 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

LOF is the Donald Trump of this forum.

No. Trump is a winner. Larry is not.
  • gatordad3, vulcan_alex and suwanneegator like this

#44 GatorShea

GatorShea

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

No. Trump is a winner. Larry is not.

Both of them are losers and like to make stuff up and pass them off as truths.  

#45 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

New name for LOF, now NOF for Nole of Florida.  I mentioned his desire for us to lose to my wife, I got a stare that said that is crazy.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#46 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:31 AM

Trump won. He won the biggest battle of them all. That makes him a winner, like it or not. 

As BHO himself said, "elections matter."

#47 orange54

orange54

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:24 PM

SHEA DRESSES UP AS HILLARY FOR HIS WIFE!!

#48 GatorShea

GatorShea

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

SHEA DRESSES UP AS HILLARY FOR HIS WIFE!!

Look who crawled out of his own butthole to bring the wit to the board.

#49 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:11 PM

Look who crawled out of his own butthole to bring the wit to the board.

screwum and other orange trolls Shea! Gators stick together. 

• GatorShea likes this

#50 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

After beating Louisville today, the Seminoles are now 18-2 in basketball. They just went 5-1 against 6 straight ranked teams and will almost certainly be a mainstay in the top 10 the rest of the season. 

So, again, I would like to ask: what is the point of our investment structure? For all the success we experienced under Donovan, we can't even assemble a better roster than FSU in basketball. They've beaten us 3 years in a row and are poised to make a much stronger tournament run this year. 

This will be the Gators 9th appearance in the Elite Eight.  FSU has made a grand total of 2 Elite Eight appearances (1993 and 1972)

Florida is currently tied for 9th place on the all time list of Final Four appearances.  The Gators have just as many Final Four appearances as Michigan, UConn and Georgetown.

FSU has been to the Final Four once in 1972.

The Gators have played in the National Championship game 3 times and have won 2 National Championships.

FSU has played in a single National Championship game in 1972.  They have never won a title.

The last time FSU even won a regular season conference championship was in 1988 when they played in the Metro Conference.

The fascinating part of all this history, or the lack thereof for FSU, is that FSU actually spends more on basketball than Florida.

In 2015 (the most recent year data is available) Florida spent $6,718,902 on men's basketball.  The same year FSU spent $11,730,040 on men's basketball.

FSU spent nearly twice as much as Florida and yet Florida is playing in the Elite Eight while FSU sits at home and watches on TV.

Florida is just better.

Maybe FSU should stop wasting resources trying to be the "everything" school.  It's obviously not working out for them.

https://ope.ed.gov/a...compare/details

https://en.wikipedia...en's_basketball

• mtn2top, OldGatorAlum and gator_tom like this

#51 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

Look who crawled out of his own butthole to bring the half-wit to the board.

fify

• mtn2top likes this

#52 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

Really???  Now the president Tweets his opinions and they can never be considered as truth other than being truly their opinion.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#53 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

This will be the Gators 9th appearance in the Elite Eight. FSU has made a grand total of 2 Elite Eight appearances (1993 and 1972)

Florida is currently tied for 9th place on the all time list of Final Four appearances. The Gators have just as many Final Four appearances as Michigan, UConn and Georgetown.

FSU has been to the Final Four once in 1972.

The Gators have played in the National Championship game 3 times and have won 2 National Championships.

FSU has played in a single National Championship game in 1972. They have never won a title.

The last time FSU even won a regular season conference championship was in 1988 when they played in the Metro Conference.

The fascinating part of all this history, or the lack thereof for FSU, is that FSU actually spends more on basketball than Florida.

In 2015 (the most recent year data is available) Florida spent $6,718,902 on men's basketball. The same year FSU spent $11,730,040 on men's basketball.

FSU spent nearly twice as much as Florida and yet Florida is playing in the Elite Eight while FSU sits at home and watches on TV.

Florida is just better.

Maybe FSU should stop wasting resources trying to be the "everything" school. It's obviously not working out for them.

https://ope.ed.gov/a...compare/details

Great post 2222.

#54 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

New name for LOF, now NOF for Nole of Florida.  I mentioned his desire for us to lose to my wife, I got a stare that said that is crazy.

And a wise wife she is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users