• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:25 AM

Putting so much weight on major sports victories is a formula for discontent and unhappiness for the alumnus of any educational institution. Only one school can win the national championship every year. 

I'm not asking for the national title every year, but I do, for example, expect to have a functional offense with legitimate playmakers more often than once in an 8 year span. I'm not exaggerating or being facetious when I say that there are several high school programs within my 30 mile radius that have produced more competent offenses than we have lately. 

It's not about wins and losses with me - it's about how we're winning and losing. FSU lost several times this year. Our 2012 team went 11-2. Give me this year's Noles team over our 2012 team any day of the week. 

#22 Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:28 AM

I think y'all are missing the point. What LOF is saying is that not only do the Noles own us in football, they own us in all the other sports too, including both men's and women's basketball. It's an embarrassing time to call oneself a Gator and quite frankly, that pisses me off.

#23 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:02 AM

Some posters are attempting to paint me as anti-Gator due to my antipathy toward the other sports. That's not the case. 

My message is simple: We do not have to compromise football financing in order to have success in other sports. In fact, far from depriving them, extra dollars spent on football may actually return MORE to the other sports. President Witt at Alabama has certainly made that case. 

We have to get rid of that false, poisonous "Everything School" mantra. It's killing us. We are a football school. In fact, when we have our sh*t together, we're actually one of the most fearsome football programs in the entire country due to our locale. We can still have pockets of success in the other sports, as FSU is currently demonstrating, but there's no reason to waste money on them in hopes of fulfilling this mythic vision of an "Everything School." 

#24 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

Arkansas is not the only SEC school that would love to be as mediocre as we are at Florida.

http://www.cbssports...ret-bielema-ad/

#25 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,558 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:02 PM

Some posters are attempting to paint me as anti-Gator due to my antipathy toward the other sports. That's not the case. 

My message is simple: We do not have to compromise football financing in order to have success in other sports. In fact, far from depriving them, extra dollars spent on football may actually return MORE to the other sports. President Witt at Alabama has certainly made that case. 

We have to get rid of that false, poisonous "Everything School" mantra. It's killing us. We are a football school. In fact, when we have our sh*t together, we're actually one of the most fearsome football programs in the entire country due to our locale. We can still have pockets of success in the other sports, as FSU is currently demonstrating, but there's no reason to waste money on them in hopes of fulfilling this mythic vision of an "Everything School." 

You are anti Gator except for football.  You care nothing for other Gator athletes, and I bet less than nothing for academics.  Or at least it appears so by your posts.

• gator_tom likes this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#26 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

Some posters are attempting to paint me as anti-Gator due to my antipathy toward the other sports.

We paint you as anti-gator because you are an FSU fan trolling the board pretending to be a Gator fan.  It got old years ago.

All anyone has to do is click on your profile and look at your content.  It's blatantly anti-Gator and pro-Nole.

Remember last year when you used to do little write ups of the Seminoles spring practice every day just to piss people off?

How about when you went on and on about going to the FSU spring game?

Seriously, it's old and we are all completely over it.

• vulcan_alex, mtn2top and gator_tom like this

#27 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

I liked it when LOF posted all the pictures of what was purported to be his Gator-themed office.  Hilarious.

• vulcan_alex and Gator2222 like this

#28 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

I liked it when LOF posted all the pictures of what was purported to be his Gator-themed office.  Hilarious.

• gatordad3, vulcan_alex and gator_tom like this

#29 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

Classic.

Here are the titles to some of the topics LOF has started in the past:

Doak Campbell Stadium improvements

Why going to Atlanta this year would set our program back...

Not a very inspiring group we're sending to Media Days

Fire Mick Hubert

Tebow is a shameless opportunist

I worked out with a Seminole football player this weekend

Seminoles QB situation

We should have declined the NIT bid

Why was Ricky Nattiel wearing surgical scrubs at our practice - LOL, hands down worst attempt at trolling by LOF ever

Jimbo not pleased with Noles after first practice

This basketball team is unwatchable

The Work'em Silly sign needs to go

Does We Are the Boys need a remix?

It's transparent.  Never a single word of praise for anything Gators.  Lots of praise for everything Nole and a very bad erotic fantasy about LOF and an FSU football player at the gym together.

• gatordad3, vulcan_alex and mtn2top like this

#30 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:11 AM

Classic.

Here are the titles to some of the topics LOF has started in the past:

Doak Campbell Stadium improvements

Why going to Atlanta this year would set our program back...

Not a very inspiring group we're sending to Media Days

Fire Mick Hubert

Tebow is a shameless opportunist

I worked out with a Seminole football player this weekend

Seminoles QB situation

We should have declined the NIT bid

Why was Ricky Nattiel wearing surgical scrubs at our practice - LOL, hands down worst attempt at trolling by LOF ever

Jimbo not pleased with Noles after first practice

This basketball team is unwatchable

The Work'em Silly sign needs to go

Does We Are the Boys need a remix?

It's transparent.  Never a single word of praise for anything Gators.  Lots of praise for everything Nole and a very bad erotic fantasy about LOF and an FSU football player at the gym together.

Dang those pesky facts.........

• vulcan_alex likes this

#31 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

Last I checked, we were masters of the East for the past two years...

• vulcan_alex likes this

#32 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:15 PM

I'm not asking for the national title every year, but I do, for example, expect to have a functional offense with legitimate playmakers more often than once in an 8 year span. I'm not exaggerating or being facetious when I say that there are several high school programs within my 30 mile radius that have produced more competent offenses than we have lately. 

It's not about wins and losses with me - it's about how we're winning and losing. FSU lost several times this year. Our 2012 team went 11-2. Give me this year's Noles team over our 2012 team any day of the week. 

bbbbwwwwwwhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Of course you would - such a good little nole. 

#33 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,558 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

As a land grant university we are to be an everything in academics university.  When I attended there was no vet school, if I remember correctly folks went to Auburn for vet school.   We have programs in many areas that is what UF is to be.  And as indicated Title nine requires things, should we be poor in those or rather have one standard for programs that represent the university.  Now I am quite happy that the athletics department is separate for financing, but not for representing.  FSU is not separate for financing, and not that great at representing either.

• mtn2top and gator_tom like this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#34 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

As a land grant university we are to be an everything in academics university.  When I attended there was no vet school, if I remember correctly folks went to Auburn for vet school.   We have programs in many areas that is what UF is to be.  And as indicated Title nine requires things, should we be poor in those or rather have one standard for programs that represent the university.  Now I am quite happy that the athletics department is separate for financing, but not for representing.  FSU is not separate for financing, and not that great at representing either.

I agree ALex - keep our standards high in ALL areas. 

• vulcan_alex and mtn2top like this

#35 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:49 AM

I think y'all are missing the point. What LOF is saying is that not only do the Noles own us in football, they own us in all the other sports too, including both men's and women's basketball. It's an embarrassing time to call oneself a Gator and quite frankly, that pisses me off.

Current Rankings:

UF             FSU

Women's Tennis                          1                NR

Men's Indoor Track & Field          1               NR

Baseball (NCBWA)                      2                4

Women's Gymnastics                  3               NR

Women's Lacrosse                      3               NR

Men's Golf                                   3                25

Men's Outdoor Track & Field      3                19

Softball                                        4                 3

Men's Swimming & Diving          6                 21

Men's Tennis                              6                 NR

Women's Soccer                         7                15

Women's Golf                              8                3

Women's Outdoor Track & Field 9                20

Women's Indoor Track & Field   10             NR

Women's Volleyball                    11             16

Men's Basketball (AP)                15             17

Women's Swimming & Diving     19             NR

Women's Basketball                   NR             4

"they own us in all the other sports too"

Don't start drinking LOF's Kool-Aid.  He cherry picks one or two things and then spins a story around it that's not even close to being the truth.

• vulcan_alex and mtn2top like this

#36 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

Gators #1 ranked women's tennis defeated #5 Stanford and extended their home win streak to 162 consecutive wins. It is the nation's longest active home win streak of any NCAA Division I team in any sport.

That my friends, is impressive.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#37 gator_tom

gator_tom

True Gator

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

A master of none? Silly nole LoF. 

Even Dooley knows better. 

We get so caught up in football, basketball and baseball here that sometimes the young people who work just as hard don't get the attention they deserve. Certainly, the Florida men’s swimming and diving team deserves special mention after winning its fifth straight SEC title. So here it is. SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS MEAN SOMETHING AROUND HERE SO WAY TO GO, FELLAS. And what a weekend for the women’s tennis team, beating the two finalists from last year in one weekend. You don't come into the Ring and win. You just don’t.

• mtn2top likes this

#38 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

A few days ago Florida beat FSU in baseball by a score of 1-0.  The Gators used four freshman pitchers in the shutout win.

The Gators have now held FSU scoreless in the last 31 consecutive innings between the two teams.  Florida has won 8 of the last nine against FSU dating back to 2015.

#39 GatorShea

GatorShea

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:03 PM

LOF is the Donald Trump of this forum.  

#40 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

FSU may win the basketball title in April and then win the football title next January - matching one of our most prized feats within the athletic department.

For all the success we experienced under Donovan, we can't even assemble a better roster than FSU in basketball. They've beaten us 3 years in a row and are poised to make a much stronger tournament run this year. 

Three seed FSU was blown out by eleven seed Xavier.  Xavier did not receive a single vote in the final AP poll.  The 25 point loss in the second round has ended FSU's season.  Meanwhile, the Gators beat Virginia by 26 points to advance to the sweet sixteen.

FSU will neither win the basketball title nor advance further in the tournament than the Gators.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users