Close Open
Close Open
Photo

So another offseason without uniform upgrades?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:40 PM

I thought for sure we were going to be upgrading our look this offseason. Mac had alluded to it during the season and then we debuted those white helmets with the dual logos. All signs seemed to indicate at that point that the ball was officially rolling. 

Well, it's May 2nd now, and, apparently, it wasn't. 

I've heard nothing else about uniform designs and a new brand campaign. Has anyone else? 

Very disappointed, but what else is new, right? It's just another letdown. 

I realize the offseason is far from over, but most major programs unveil the changes at their spring games, so it would seem the time is past. 

Really was looking forward to the boost in recruiting and the increased excitement level, in general, that the new uni's would bring. The only thing I can think of is that the UAA maybe chose to delay it because they knew 2017 would be a better year than 2016, and understood that the more superstitious portion of our fan base would blame the rough ride in 2016 on the uniforms, the way they did the white helmets against Bama in 2009. 

Oh well. Looks like another year with our outdated, 1980's design. Maybe next year. 

#2 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,479 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

When uniforms get victories I will care a little about them.  Orange and Blue are our colors and that is all that matters.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#3 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:17 PM

are you a woman?

#4 gatordad3

gatordad3

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:41 PM

Hmmph! CaneThing being CaneThing again.
  • vulcan_alex likes this

#5 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

Very disappointed, but what else is new, right? It's just another letdown. 

Let down after let down for you. Go get some of that f$u attitude you love so much. And some of their band which you love so much... or some of their crappy mascot which you love so much.... or some of their paid-for-by-taxes-out-of-my-owm-f*ing-wallet stadium that you love so much.... or some of that Jimbo you adoreeeee. I hear he's single and looking.

Pity pity pity. You are a real life Craphonso Thorpe in every way.

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#6 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:39 PM

I just don't understand why they had to get our hopes up like that in the season and act like a new brand was imminent.

We've been taking a beating in comparative sales ever since FSU launched their new brand in 2014, and some of us are tired of going to our gyms, airports, coffee shops, etc., and seeing nothing but garnet and gold attire. It would be nice to get our brand back in the game. 

****I do want to note that some of our more astute posters such as GatorUrf10, 2222, vulcan, Werner, mtn2top, etc., may point out that the decline in visible Gator attire relative to Seminoles may have more to do with the fact that they've won 5 of the last 6 match-ups. In other words, we could be seeing a sort of "bandwagon effect" with people just buying the more visible, successful team's merchandise because they want to "front run." I think it was 2222 (or maybe GatorUrf10?) who alluded to this in the past when I complained about seeing too much Seminole gear at my gym, when as recent as 2012 there had been plenty of orange and blue. So, I just want to acknowledge that I recognize this is one way of interpreting my issues with our brand's slide. That said, I feel the issue is actually larger, more complex, and goes much further beyond this analysis. So, there could be a disagreement here, and I just want to acknowledge that. 

#7 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:48 PM

The present Gator uniforms are some of the sharpest and most recognizable in college football. Leave the gimmicks to schools that need them, like Oregon or the mustard and dried ketchup school.

• vulcan_alex and OldGatorAlum like this

#8 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

The present Gator uniforms are some of the sharpest and most recognizable in college football. Leave the gimmicks to schools that need them, like Oregon or the mustard and dried ketchup school.

Anything we wear will be sharp and recognizable because we're UF - one of the most potent brands in the game. That's why we might as well evolve with the modern trends and capitalize on the recruiting gains. It would be one thing if our uniforms were traditional - like Alabama, Penn St, etc. - but they aren't. We've had a multitude of looks in our history and, for some reason (most likely because we associate them with our landmark run in the 90's) we've decided to cling to the late 80's/early 90's design. I think it's time for a new chapter. 

#9 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:56 PM

Also, I keep seeing our fans on several of our message boards refer to FSU as "ketchup and mustard." They aren't red and yellow...they're garnet and gold. Let's show some class and refer to their proper color scheme, please. I'm tired of the petty dissing of FSU throughout Gator Nation. 

#10 GatorShea

GatorShea

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

I like how LOF tries to "note some astute posters" by reiterating that we have lost 5 out of 6 rather than just stating it himself.  He knows he enjoyed typing that.  Way to not try and look like the troll you are.  Seriously, you need a swift kick to straighten you out.  

• OldGatorAlum likes this

#11 GatorShea

GatorShea

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

Also, I keep seeing our fans on several of our message boards refer to FSU as "ketchup and mustard." They aren't red and yellow...they're garnet and gold. Let's show some class and refer to their proper color scheme, please. I'm tired of the petty dissing of FSU throughout Gator Nation. 

Shut your damn mouth.  

#12 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:39 PM

It is the bandwagon effect. I remember being a child and seeing Miami crap everywhere... early 90s f$u ketchup and mustard colors everywhere... and late 90s and 05-09 it was orange and blue as far as the eye can see. Hell, I'm even seeing more Jags gear around now that they have a chance of winning more than 5 games next year.

Offseason, sheesh.

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#13 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:19 PM

Here you go, boys. 

Can't wait until ya'll bring those uniforms to Neyland. 

2012-florida-gators-nike-pro-combats-unv

• WernerIsTentative likes this

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

#14 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,479 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:19 PM

Well Gee next I expect flack for calling them a "girls school".  They used to be one back a long time ago.  And if you don't want your Noles to be disrespected stay off Gator boards and spend time on Nole ones where you really belong.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#15 gatorpe

gatorpe

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:27 PM

Here is my respect for Tallacrappy and their mustard and ketchup 2nd class school.

Bobby was a decent guy but his Def coordinator was a thug.  He made a game out of hitting QBs late and trying to hurt them.  That makes their school a sh#t hole.  Then the new guy plays a QB who shoulda been pitched out after the 2nd offense But their is no shame up there.  I despise their color scheme, their war chant and their use of native American culture to promote a college football team in a city where local law enforcement looks the other way.  F#ck half ass you and everything associated with it.  I can see why impressionable young me would be attracted to the glitter and gold up there.  They are only 17 year old boys after all but you can have it.  You wanta promote seminole culture?  Go north till you smell it and then west till you step in it.

Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy

#16 gatordad3

gatordad3

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:34 PM

I guess CaneThing will no longer respond to the gay "I worked out with a Nole" thread he started.

#17 larsrover

larsrover

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:04 PM

L ofF be willing to bet you never wore a helmet. My guess is you may have been a sock and jock man especially if you were allowed to carry your phone in the showers.

#18 gatordad3

gatordad3

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:57 PM

A bicycle helmet. For his Huffy.

#19 gatorfor88

gatorfor88

True Gator

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • LocationPanama City

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:26 PM

Lawrence Of F agdom. Eat **** and die.

#20 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:25 PM

LoFSU, have you ever looked at the mustard and ketchup on a paper plate the day after grilling hamburgers. Probably not since you only eat filet mignon. Anyhow, that's pretty much FSU's colors.  Plus, I'll show FSU some class just as soon as I see one iota of class come from their sports department. It's pretty hard to put class and FSU together in the same year much less in the same post.

• vulcan_alex likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users