Close Open
Close Open
Photo

Why was Ricky Nattiel wearing surgical scrubs at our practice yesterday?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:54 AM

I saw on the official Gator Football twitter account that Ricky Nattiel was at practice yesterday. However, I noticed he appeared to be wearing surgical scrubs in a photo of him watching the action alongside McElwain: 

CdMgviaWAAEuLq5.jpg-large_zpsttjosjk0.jp

I did some research on his post-football life and found nothing to suggest that he became a doctor or works in the medical industry. He was helping coach high school football at Trinity in Ocala at one point, from what I understand.

My theory is that he was in Gainesville on some other business and subsequently received an invite to drop by practice. However, he was wearing business attire and didn't want to sweat in his nicer clothes, so someone from the UAA got him some scrubs from Shands to wear while he was out on the field. 

I think it's sad that this program has become so cheap that we can't even provide our special visitors with team apparel to make them more comfortable. Tennessee and Arkansas didn't seem to have a problem hooking Tebow up with official gear when he visited their practices:

de51d64f73011572a92c7f023bc6b5af_crop_ex

b7b5292096fce8f1ba28e3c8a20ae1db_zpspxkv

How bush league of us to have visitors out there in surgical scrubs. That's what churches give to their youth groups to wear while working manual labor on mission trips in the third world. 

Just when I think our leadership can't possibly lower the bar any further, they prove me wrong and sink to new levels. 

#2 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:56 AM

Alabama hates Danny Kanell, but still managed to hook him up: 

Danny-Kanell-Wearing-Alabama-Shirt_zpsxs

#3 Travis McGee

Travis McGee

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:18 PM

I own a Toyota and a Chrysler.
  • gatordad3 likes this

#4 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

I think it's sad you are trying so hard to be a good troll when in fact you pretty much suck at it

at least try to run with a somewhat manly topic

• gatordad3 and Alagator like this

#5 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:31 PM

I think it's sad you are trying so hard to be a good troll when in fact you pretty much suck at it

at least try to run with a somewhat manly topic

I'm not a troll. It's a legitimate question: why was Ricky Nattiel wearing scrubs to our practice?

#6 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,481 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:28 PM

I own two Toyotas, and perhaps this is the reason

Territory Business Manager, Baxter BioSurgery at Baxter Healthcare Corporation

Apparently searching the internet is not one of the talents of Lawrence.  It took me about two minutes to find this out.

• gatordad3 likes this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#7 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:00 PM

I'm not a troll. It's a legitimate question: why was Ricky Nattiel wearing scrubs to our practice?

This thread is really, really stupid. This is your worst thread.

• gatordad3, GatorAuthor and 5string like this

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#8 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

I own two Toyotas, and perhaps this is the reason

Territory Business Manager, Baxter BioSurgery at Baxter Healthcare Corporation

Apparently searching the internet is not one of the talents of Lawrence.  It took me about two minutes to find this out.

Response, LoF? lol

• gatordad3 likes this

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#9 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,481 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:09 PM

Making negative assumptions about our program, its leaders etc. seem to be a common thread for LOF.  I find it difficult to believe that he is an actual Gator graduate or fan, but who knows.

He sure has poor internet searching abilities.

• gatordad3 likes this
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Tn

#10 gatordad3

gatordad3

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:58 PM

This thread is really, really stupid. This is your worst thread.

As soon as everyone rags him, he'll start another thread just to piss us off. He's hoping his thread about being at a game at Lakeland will fade further into the 4th and 5th page. And the dumb ass thinks we forgot about him talking about hosting an Oscars party, little did he tell us about it being thru the business he's employed at.

#11 Dugaboy

Dugaboy

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:17 PM

It took a while, but I finally figured out who Lace Panties (LOF) is...

He is several people who write using that signature. Strong probability is-  sports department of The Gainesville Sun or the like.

If you look at his topics, His approach to the subject, the number of words he takes to describe his anxiety, then he repeats them several times in later sentences, his use the the same provocative adverbs and adjectives and not the least indicator - his sentence structure.

It is exactly like Pat and Robbie (who write alike anyway).

So, what we are responding to is....sports writers who are carrying a grudge about some topic they cannot voice in their columns...

CheckMate?

• gatordad3 likes this

#12 Dugaboy

Dugaboy

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:25 PM

I forgot to mention the pics he always posts...never has anyone in them. That is a dead give-away that they come from some journalist who has access to sites when no traffic is around....odd.

#13 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,481 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:37 PM

I always thought he is some employee of the Sun, but how can they allow that long thread about their competitor if that is so.

UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Tn

#14 The RH Factor

The RH Factor

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

Once I read, "I think it's sad..." I knew it was vintage Lawrence.

Should have read who created it before reading the thread.

• GatorAuthor likes this

#15 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

You saw a picture on the internet and you began scrutinizing every detail looking for something, anything to be unhappy about.

You noticed scrubs at a practice field and your paranoia goes into full throttle.  You do a rudimentary search and decide that you have a smoking gun.

Then you concoct a conspiracy theory that involves our coaches wanting to give a visitor something to wear but somehow save a couple of dollars for Foley to give to the LaCrosse team.

If any of that were true they could give him some of the coaches work out clothes or they could grab some of the stuff that they occasionally hand out for free at basketball games and things like that.  However, in your theory they contact a hospital on the other side of campus and get clothes from them.  All of this in order to save like $50.

The really odd thing is that you could go through this whole thought process and not once stop to say to yourself "this sounds like something a crazy person would come up with".

I keep going back and forth, but the pendulum is swinging away from troll and back towards please take your meds.

Just in case you did not know, Ricky grew up in the Archer/Newberry area about 12 miles west of Gainesville.  He and his cousin Mike (also a former Gator) both played high school ball at Newberry.  Ricky has a lot of family members in Gainesville and would not need to borrow clothes from the UAA.

#16 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

Also, of course Tennessee gives Tebow gear to wear.  He is not a Vol and getting a Gator great to wear Vol gear is entertaining to them.  I am willing to bet they don't give Tee Martin gear to wear when he shows up to watch practice.

Also Tebow and Kanell are members of the media and can help draw attention to the Vols and Bama brand.  They can get their logo out there associated with a person young athletes know.

#17 CGgater

CGgater

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

Back when Ricky was still a big name in Denver, my grandparents would get a ton of phone calls from people looking for Ricky during the off-season, because his Gainesville area phone number was 1 digit off. Tough time remembering, but I recall they mentioned Ricky calling them to apologize for all the wrong number calls from his friends. I guess he heard about it and finally figured out there was a problem. I think he changed his number to address the problem, because my grandparents had that phone number longer. They said he was really nice when he talked to them... Classy Gator!

#18 buzzygator

buzzygator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:08 PM

Who cares

Its great to see him there

Looks like Mc is getting ex players involved

#19 gatordad3

gatordad3

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:22 PM

Only a $h** bag like CaneThing would make mountains out of a molehill. It takes somewhere around 5 paragraphs to even get his point across.
  • vulcan_alex likes this

#20 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,481 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:46 AM

Crickets from LOF, no surprise there.  There is no answer for the issues with his posting.

UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Tn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users