• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

Here is the incredibly heroic untold story of a boy from Tennessee who stood up to the Nazis with gun pointed at his head. Alvin York himself could not overshadow this fellow Tennessee boy's noble act of fortitude as an unarmed helpless prisoner defying absolute power and authority. 

I say ye

Roddy Edmonds

ap_898887944364_wide-aeeffeaadfe0770239a

http://www.dailymail...aving-Jews.html

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

#2 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:42 PM

I'm contacting Congressman Steve Cohen of Tennessee's 9th District to request him to lobby Congress and the President for Sergeant Roddy Edmonds to receive the Congressional Medal of Honor. 

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

#3 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:19 PM

Alvin, he clearly meets the requirements for the MOH.

I'll contact my Rep and both Senators.  I'd heard the story before.  What he did was above and beyond.

#4 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:14 AM

Alvin, he clearly meets the requirements for the MOH.

I'll contact my Rep and both Senators.  I'd heard the story before.  What he did was above and beyond.

Thank you. It's the right thing to do. I shouldn't be so restrictive in describing him as a Tennessee boy. Truly, he's an American who belongs to the Nation....to the World. 

I'm so conflicted with emotions when I think of this seemingly ordinary man living out his life never being acknowledged and appreciated by the people of the United States. Roddy Edmonds, American soldier and hero, lived and died in virtual anonymity. I would just like to have shaken his hand. 

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

#5 DrthG8r

DrthG8r

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:08 AM

I've often heard people like Sergeant Edmonds described as being "ordinary people, doing extraordinary things". 

It takes a lot of courage to do what Edmonds did, and while we all would like to believe we would do the same thing in similar circumstances in reality many people would not.

The current administration is going out of it's way to award, retroactively, the Medal of Honor to deserving minorities but there are still plenty of non-minorities who still deserve it.  The problem often times is/was a thing we call "lazy".  There is a ton of paperwork associated with a nomination and it has to be perfect in the way it's written.  It's a pain in the ass as far as most military supervisors were/are concerned.

When I used to nominate a person for something like a Commendation Medal it would come back several times with "suggestions".

Hope this works out for Sergeant Edmonds.

#6 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:11 PM

Roddy Edmonds. I can't imagine somebody being that courageous. Could I have done it? Would I lay my life on the line for people outside of my family? I do know this. If it had been my head that Nazi bastard placed a Luger I would have never forgotten his face or name. After the war ended I would bide my time. One year, two years, five years, ten years would have elapsed with every day I woke remembering that man's face and voice. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock. Then that day would arrive. I would come up with a game plan. First I would save enough money to finance my trip, hire an investigator to track the ex Nazi down and investigate a way to illegally purchase a pistol. I would lurk out of sight at the man's home and place of work. I'd plan the perfect place and moment in time to confront the unsuspecting man, just him and me. I'd pull the pistol hidden on my person and point it at his head. I would pull the hammer back. Then I would...........

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

#7 gatorfor88

gatorfor88

True Gator

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • LocationPanama City

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:28 AM

Roddy Edmonds. I can't imagine somebody being that courageous. Could I have done it? Would I lay my life on the line for people outside of my family? I do know this. If it had been my head that Nazi bastard placed a Luger I would have never forgotten his face or name. After the war ended I would bide my time. One year, two years, five years, ten years would have elapsed with every day I woke remembering that man's face and voice. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock. Then that day would arrive. I would come up with a game plan. First I would save enough money to finance my trip, hire an investigator to track the ex Nazi down and investigate a way to illegally purchase a pistol. I would lurk out of sight at the man's home and place of work. I'd plan the perfect place and moment in time to confront the unsuspecting man, just him and me. I'd pull the pistol hidden on my person and point it at his head. I would pull the hammer back. Then I would...........wake up from my dream

#8 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:11 AM

More information has come to light about unsung hero, Master Sergeant Roddy Edmonds.

http://www.thedailyt...14e4b23809.html

Still Our Royal Family!!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users