24 replies to this topic

#1 GatorsRock21

GatorsRock21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:21 PM

I have watched this o line under perform for way to long. It is time to let this coach go. None of the top players want to come here do to him. Time to move on and get a younger coach that will light a fire under his o line players. This FAU game is sickening. It all starts on the o line. Not even having Grier would help our running game.

#2 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:26 PM

I agree this is sickening but can we really blame the current coaches? This mess has been around for several years and it will take a little time to clean it up. It reminds me too much of Muschamp's "great" 11-2 year. The main cause of the Gators problems is still being lauded as a defensive genius up in Alabama somewhere.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#3 GoGatorz1978

GoGatorz1978

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:30 PM

We knew the o line was going to be patchwork this year, but I did hope they would improve as the season pregressed. They played better towards the beginning of the season, especially in the run game.

#4 Homer J

Homer J

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,359 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

Do not feed the trolls.

#5 fcsrx7

fcsrx7

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

This OL is not getting better after 10 games, they get worse with every offensive snap. OL coach is pathetic.

#6 GatorsRock21

GatorsRock21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:14 PM

What top OL recruit would want to play for this coach. I sure as hell wouldn't. We need some new blood there. They made a big mistake keeping him to keep Ivey on board.

#7 scooby321

scooby321

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:17 PM

We started out without enough for a Spring game barley. Harris is not the answer. Will offensive was good.

#8 ccnabors

ccnabors

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:50 PM

Sharpe is the worst player on the team. He is absolutely pathetic. Spends all game on his knees and back like a whore. Treon is a C- quarterback. People are always saying he's a legend in south fla. For what? I don't even want to know what Bama front seven is gonna do to our oline. Mac deserves some blame too. We need to call some trick plays, screens, misdirections, and get Harris moving. He will never be a pocket passer. Mac calls the same three or four plays all game. It's ridiculous.

#9 Dugaboy

Dugaboy

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:01 PM

GAIN, DONT FEED THE TROLLS..

Even Alvin the Albanian knows that...

#10 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,511 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

Injuries and lack of depth are major issues.  Treyon not making anybody pay does not help either.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#11 Crunchtime

Crunchtime

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

What top OL recruit would want to play for this coach. I sure as hell wouldn't. We need some new blood there. They made a big mistake keeping him to keep Ivey on board.

OR....our opponents are getting more film on this lines strengths and weaknesses and are tweaking their game plan to exploit the obvious weaknesses. The O-Line is beat up, young, and now has a QB that simply holds on to the ball too long. Have you notice the line play has started to decline when we changed QB's? No coach can make something out of nothing and I for one am impressed that we have not been exposed even more.

• Ga Gator likes this

#12 Jmcac40

Jmcac40

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:32 PM

For those who actually understand the situation, what we are seeing was expected. Here is how this situation transpired. After last year we should have had Humphries at tackle, Moore at guard, Thurman at center, Johnson at the other guard and Sharpe at the other tackle. When Muschamp said he left us with good players he was right, they had the makings of a good experienced oline along with a dominant defense.. Then surprisingly Humphries (justifiably), and Moore (not justifiably) went pro. Thurman was injured prior to spring and hasn't been 100% all year. Johnson was injured during the spring so severely that he had to quit football. A real loss, some had projected him as a future draft pick. Going into the season we were expected to finish 5th in the SEC due to the inexperience at QB but mainly due to the absolute disaster at oline. McElwain pulled out all the stops to patch a line together. They were were incredibly lucky to get Halter from Fordham, but he is by no means a dominant SEC linemen. It was so bad that the spring game had to be modified due to the lack of bodies. Be careful what you wish for. Summerlin is considered one of the best offensive line coaches by those in the know. The truth is he doesn't have much to work with, most are underclassmen. We looked good early in the year because Grier's quick release negated a lot of the rush and his passing kept the defense honest. With Treon at the helm the line has to block a second or two longer and the defense is leaving more in the box because they don't respect Treon's ability to go through his reads. Stop complaining and be happy with the 10 wins. This year was a huge success! The next two games we don't match up well against FSU and especially Alabama. But even if we lose those two and beat a decent team in the bowl we should all be proud of this team,
  • NashvilleG8R, mtn2top, Ga Gator and 4 others like this

#13 ccnabors

ccnabors

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:51 PM

I am proud but sometimes you have to be honest. We have gotten worse. Dillard and Ivey and Sharpe have not gotten any better this year. They're not freshman anymore. They have the reps. We've started the same oline now 4 or 5 games in a roq. There should be some continuity by now. I'm looking at Michigan state beat Ohio state on the road with a patchwork oline and a backup qb. There is no excuse to be dominated by Fau at home. We couldn't run at vs USC last week. Today guess what? The Citadel runs for 350. The ****ing Citadel. It's pathetic. With over achievement comes new expectations. We haven't lived up to those since Grier got hurt. We've looked worse each week he's been out. It's a c- QB and the worst oline in the country.

#14 Jmcac40

Jmcac40

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:04 PM

I don't necessarily think it's that simple. For example last year everyone said that you TEs and WRs had no talent. Well when you have a QB who can't get those player the ball you are not going to have any stars. I'll agree the line has regressed but I disagree with the cause. I don't believe it's coaching. I believe it's injuries and the difference in the way other teams are playing us. We have been exposed for what we really are, and that's a young inexperienced line. That doesn't bode well in this conference.
  • OldGatorAlum likes this

#15 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:14 PM

The best offensive lineman in the state of Florida this cycle is going to Notre Dame.

#16 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:28 PM

Without Summers this season would be a train wreck.  OP has a very uninformed opinion on the over-achieving offensive line of this year.

• Ga Gator and GatorAuthor like this

#17 gator67

gator67

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:40 PM

MacElwain knows the OL can play better. He was very hard on them in his press conference following the game, comparing them to a bunch of dead fish. He also emphasized that FAU was the aggressor.

#18 The RH Factor

The RH Factor

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:05 PM

It's been an interesting season, so say the least.

Going in, we knew we were going to have issues on the offensive line.  We only had six available for spring practice and brought in six or so freshmen, plus Halter.  Ivey had injury issues and now Sharpe is playing injured.

According to some of our fans, the freshmen we brought in should be coached up to play as well as fifth-year linemen at Alabama.

Now, the light has come on for some of our fans and they're noticing we have issues on our offensive line.

I tried to think how we could come up with a winning record this season.

Now, we're 10-1 and people are complaining about our offensive line, Treon Harris, whatever.

Interesting season.

• mtn2top, GatorAuthor and DunedinDan like this

#19 ccnabors

ccnabors

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:55 PM

If we lost to Alabama or Georgia or Ole Miss or LSU and got dominated on the line of scrimmage I wouldn't complain at all. Those teams have several nfl players on their rosters. We are being dominated by FAU and Vandy. I don't care what anybody says that shouldn't be happening. Sharpe and Ivey shouldn't even have to play against a 2-8 FAU team and we should still win by 30. Interesting season.

#20 gatorfor88

gatorfor88

True Gator

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • LocationPanama City

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:19 AM

WE WON

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users