• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:45 PM

For those that don't know, Dobbs had a sore foot against North Texas and was instructed to play from the pocket. The playbook was effectively cut in half and all run/pass options removed. It goes without saying that his legs are a huge part of their scheme, so I'm not sure why people are shocked that they didn't light up the scoreboard in that game.

That was basically a 48-0 win if Dobbs was healthy. 

I stand by my opinion that Tennessee is playing the best football in the East right now. And Arkansas is playing the second best football in the West. We are still the East Division winners and we're going to Atlanta. It just is what it is - they would beat us if we played on a neutral field tomorrow, in my opinion. 

Why is this interesting? Because they were predicted to succeed before the season, were left for dead after some early setbacks, and now have re-emerged as the teams a lot of the pundits thought they would be back in the summer. It's been an incredible rollercoaster to witness.

#42 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:33 AM

So you are saying that they did not play well because they had a single injury that made their entire offense ineffective against one of the worst teams in the country.

Even though by your own admission they did not play well in the actual game, you are basing your opinion on what you think may have possibly happened if reality were altered.

Sure, if we do not restrict ourselves to reality and start talking about what we think may have happened in alternate time lines where injuries did not occur, schedules change and whatever else, then you can make a case that any team is the best in all the land.

How could anyone argue that the made up world would not turn out that way?

In reality, by your own admission, UT did not do well against one of the worst teams in the nation. In reality they are a team with a losing record. In reality they lost to UF. In reality they may very well not even be the best team in their own state.

#43 Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:04 AM

Yeah, LOF, and if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its a** when it hopped.

Go Gators

#44 gatorfor88

gatorfor88

True Gator

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPanama City

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:29 AM

orlando_restaurant_equipment.jpgjust for you

• HammerGator and Wuerffel4Pres like this

#45 CGgater

CGgater

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:38 AM

Gators swept the East on their way to the division title, which must be KILLING larry of tally.

Since we're talking about how ut LOST, let's discuss how they WON - if not for uga dropping a perfectly thrown pass for an easy TD, ut likely loses that game, too... At home... Against an uga team that is a mess.

#46 gatorfor88

gatorfor88

True Gator

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPanama City

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:42 AM

Vanderbilt gonna spank that ass for them too I believe.

#47 gatordad3

gatordad3

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:13 AM

Gators swept the East on their way to the division title, which must be KILLING larry of Coral Gables.

Since we're talking about how ut LOST, let's discuss how they WON - if not for uga dropping a perfectly thrown pass for an easy TD, ut likely loses that game, too... At home... Against an uga team that is a mess.

FIFY

#48 -THE DUDE-

-THE DUDE-

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

For those that don't know, Dobbs had a sore foot against North Texas and was instructed to play from the pocket. The playbook was effectively cut in half and all run/pass options removed. It goes without saying that his legs are a huge part of their scheme, so I'm not sure why people are shocked that they didn't light up the scoreboard in that game.

That was basically a 48-0 win if Dobbs was healthy. 

I stand by my opinion that Tennessee is playing the best football in the East right now. And Arkansas is playing the second best football in the West. We are still the East Division winners and we're going to Atlanta. It just is what it is - they would beat us if we played on a neutral field tomorrow, in my opinion. 

Why is this interesting? Because they were predicted to succeed before the season, were left for dead after some early setbacks, and now have re-emerged as the teams a lot of the pundits thought they would be back in the summer. It's been an incredible rollercoaster to witness.

If Florida beat North Texas 24-0 you would be on here telling us all how bad of a win that is...shut the fvck up 

• WobbleGator, WernerIsTentative, Jabberdave and 4 others like this

#49 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:21 AM

pwnt.

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#50 HammerGator

HammerGator

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:53 AM

Franks and Beans!   :headspin:

#51 Travis McGee

Travis McGee

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

Why do you guys soon your wheels?

That's all he's after, and so he wins.

Just talk about random nothingness in his threads. It's the only way forward.

#52 Theologator

Theologator

True Gator

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:02 AM

Larry's threads are like a roll of 2-ply toilet paper that begins badly. The ply separates making it wrong at the start and it won't ever be right until you tear it off and start properly. I won't go into detail about the immediate inspiration for that analogy.

Ut almost always has their November to Remember due to a ridiculously soft back half always featuring Vandy and Kentucky, the perennial East door mats. Then they enjoy an offseason filled with unicorns and rainbows, convincing themselves things are improving and garnering undue rosy predictions from the media. Then reality kicks in for a few weeks in late September & October. 6 weeks of hell but the rest of the year feels great.

There are rare exceptions - be it wins over UF or Bama, or an absurd collapse in November (which has happened), but that's the norm. Analysis that things are better or different ignores historical patterns.

And the season is 12 games. Playing well in half or 2/3rds, losing close ones etc. is all part of it. You are what your record says you are. Bounces count and the difference between Medicare and good is usually a handful of plays. The difference between good and great is often an inch or a play or two. That's the game. And Ut hasn't been good for a long long time.
  • WernerIsTentative, Maxxodd and DunedinDan like this
ENJOY THE RIDE!

#53 JHCRANE-14

JHCRANE-14

All Vol

• Members
  • 835 posts
  • LocationThe sunny beaches of South Florida and the hilltops of Tennessee!!!

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

Nice post. Best teams in the SEC are Bams and UF. We'll find soon who the real champ is. Go Vols!!!
  • GatorShea likes this
"HEY, SAVE ME SOME!!!"

#54 Dugaboy

Dugaboy

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

Thanks, CRANE-14, you can always be counted on...you and The Albanian.

#55 JHCRANE-14

JHCRANE-14

All Vol

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:11 PM

Thanks, CRANE-14, you can always be counted on...you and The Albanian.

:)
"HEY, SAVE ME SOME!!!"

#56 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

CRANE14 is the best rival poster of all time.  I was poster under a different moniker about when this board started.  L of F could take some lessons in poster etiquette, but that would end the humorous posts showing how depraved and oblivious he is.

The sign used to be "Kick me."

Larry comes on here and puts his own sign on himself:  Cyber Bully Me!

• GatorShea likes this

#57 GoGatorz1978

GoGatorz1978

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:08 PM

Lawrence you said they got preason hype and then were left for dead before the last couple weeks. The thing you're not understanding is they are already dead. Their seasons are over. It doesn't matter if they win the rest of their games by 100 points they won't be ranked at the end of the season. No sec championship, no national championship, only mediocre bowl games. It doesn't matter if you or anyone else thinks they're the best teams in the nation, no one in the future will remember their mediocre records. We understand what your saying, but it doesn't matter. No one will actually know if they're good because they will be sitting at home during the championship games. All they can do is get ready for next season, and actually win their games. That's the only way you get or deserve respect.

#58 HammerGator

HammerGator

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:22 AM

:muttley:

#59 Alvin York

Alvin York

Besa

• Members
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:28 AM

Throughout history trumpeters of the Truth have fallen on deaf ears and reviled. The best example is the Carpenter's son of Nazareth. Now you dare to dispute Lawrence. Marksman Lawrence has hit the eye of the turkey ala Alvin Cullum York. Tennessee has risen from the grave.

Omar-Sharif-on-a-camel.jpg

Still Our Royal Family!!

tennessee-junior-and-lulu.jpg

#60 JHCRANE-14

JHCRANE-14

All Vol

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:47 PM

CRANE14 is the best rival poster of all time. I was poster under a different moniker about when this board started. L of F could take some lessons in poster etiquette, but that would end the humorous posts showing how depraved and oblivious he is.

The sign used to be "Kick me."

Larry comes on here and puts his own sign on himself: Cyber Bully Me!

Haha :)
"HEY, SAVE ME SOME!!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users