• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 PharmaGator

PharmaGator

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:47 PM

1. we all know that greir suspension was a bad hit. Get with Treon or get lost. There is no other better option or CMAC would be using that option. Next year we will improve at QB pos. For now, what better option that Treon? Thankfully we have him.

2. We will not make/win playoffs without a miracle. OK, so what? we're way better than we were supposed to be. Enjoy it. 

3. Recruits have noticed our success. As UF we get some no matter what. We're getting more because no one can deny that we're building something here. Florida gets a top 5 class this year. 

4. PESSimistic individuals piss off coach and myself. Glass is half full or go home. Loser mentality and downers are bad for all. Cheer up. There has not been a better time to be a gator since UM was here and "healthy". CMAC isn't about to bail on us for palpitations. 

• NashvilleG8R, DrthG8r and GatorTruth133 like this

#2 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

We're playing on house money and wearing the SEC East crown.  These are the best seasons because there's so little expectation.  I'm sure enjoying it.  

• Homer J and dfwgator like this

#3 g8torhed

g8torhed

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:54 PM

Don't pay any attention to us....we're not real fans...

#4 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:21 PM

I really don't understand this line of reasoning. 

In 1993 I had many conversations with people about Terry Dean and Danny Wuerffel.  I was not sold on Terry and definitely thought Danny should be starting.  It was always interesting to hear others perspectives.  Dean had quite a few supporters that thought Danny should wait his turn.

I was not miserable, down on the Gators or taking winning horribly.  It is simply a fact of sports that fans are going to discuss the performance of not only teams but also individual players.

Discussing the strengths or shortcomings of teams and players is pretty much the point of this forum existing. 

Insisting that posters should only say good things is just silly.  Discussing things realistically is what we should be doing.  That is not pessimism, whining or whatever other label you want to place on it.

If you want the role of cheerleader, it's yours.  I won't complain.  In the meantime I will continue to be a loyal Gator fan that is capable of happily (and realistically) seeing both the good and the bad.

• WernerIsTentative, Homer J, vulcan_alex and 5 others like this

#5 4th and 11

4th and 11

True Gator

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:04 PM

In 1993 I had many conversations with people about Terry Dean and Danny Wuerffel. I was not sold on Terry and definitely thought Danny should be starting. It was always interesting to hear others perspectives. Dean had quite a few supporters that thought Danny should wait his turn.

I was not miserable, down on the Gators or taking winning horribly. It is simply a fact of sports that fans are going to discuss the performance of not only teams but also individual players.

Discussing the strengths or shortcomings of teams and players is pretty much the point of this forum existing.

Insisting that posters should only say good things is just silly. Discussing things realistically is what we should be doing. That is not pessimism, whining or whatever other label you want to place on it.

If you want the role of cheerleader, it's yours. I won't complain. In the meantime I will continue to be a loyal Gator fan that is capable of happily (and realistically) seeing both the good and the bad.

^This. Definitely this. Well said. Thanks for posting.

Sincerely,
A Realist
  • vulcan_alex and John_Blutarsky like this

>,==,~

#6 Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:10 PM

^This. Definitely this. Well said. Thanks for posting.

Sincerely,
A Realist

+1

#7 Theologator

Theologator

True Gator

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:24 PM

In 1993 I had many conversations with people about Terry Dean and Danny Wuerffel. I was not sold on Terry and definitely thought Danny should be starting. It was always interesting to hear others perspectives. Dean had quite a few supporters that thought Danny should wait his turn.

I was not miserable, down on the Gators or taking winning horribly. It is simply a fact of sports that fans are going to discuss the performance of not only teams but also individual players.

Insisting that posters should only say good things is just silly. Discussing things realistically is what we should be doing. That is not pessimism, whining or whatever other label you want to place on it.

If you want the role of cheerleader, it's yours. I won't complain. In the meantime I will continue to be a loyal Gator fan that is capable of happily (and realistically) seeing both the good and the bad.

Which QB won the SECCG in 1993?

Danny obviously wound up the better QB - you were right about that - but Dean was an important part of that team, too.

I don't have any problem with people observing aspects of Treon's game that are or aren't working well. Clearly teams are honing in on his preferences, habits and weaknesses. He will adjust (or not) and that's that for 2015. We'll see how he progresses and competes for next year, etc.

But he's already been a key part of a surprisingly good season. People overlooking that or taking it for granted aren't appreciating his contributions. And at 19 or whatever he certainly has room to grow if he can.
ENJOY THE RIDE!

#8 GatorShea

GatorShea

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

The bottom line is that there is no better option for us now.  To piss and moan about who we have is not going to change anything.  I really doubt Harris is our starter next year and unless Grier gets his suspension reduced, then he may never start again, either.  I'm just glad that we own the east this year.  

#9 dfwgator

dfwgator

True Gator

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:45 AM

Furthermore, with McElwain's reputation as a 'Quarterback Whisperer', there's no reason to think that UF won't have the pick of the litter of top-notch quarterbacks,  who knows, maybe we will recruit a stud QB who can come in here and get us to the next level.    

#10 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:13 AM

Theologator.....

I was at that game in 1993. Cold wet night in Birmingham, but what a great day. So glad they eventually moved the game to Atlanta.

Dean was definitely an important part of the team. Same goes for Treon this season.

They also share the trait of being good fodder for conversation.
  • intimagator, mtn2top and GreenevilleGator like this

#11 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:17 AM

GatorShea.....

When I discuss Treon I am not trying to change anything. I am simply conversing with fellow sports fans. To limit the conversation to "how about that Treon" with the only acceptable reply as "he's great!" kind of defeats the purpose of a sports forum.

At the press conference Coach Mac volunteered that Treon did not play well and the offense was bad. If he thinks it is ok to discuss things honestly then I think it is probably ok here too.
  • GreenevilleGator likes this

#12 gatorpe

gatorpe

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:18 AM

Did the offense suck against Vandy?   Yes

Did Treon look like he was under pressure the whole game?  yes

Did we score much?  no

Did we win the game? yes

Did we win the game that put us in Atlanta? yes

statistics are for losers.

Winning trumps all in college football.

Offense wins games and is fun to see

Defense wins championships.

Give Mac a little more time to find his players.

He is playing what he was dealt.  There is NO other deck to deal from at this time.

Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy

#13 gatordad3

gatordad3

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:34 AM

We've all discussed this before, early in the season, and how we will witness growing pains among this team. It's great to see no downers on this thread. It's also pathetic the amount of people on this board who feel better when they whine about how bad things are going. I was nervous just having to get updates on my phone during the game as I was watching my son play his last football game of this season.

My guess is if/when(I'm calling when) we see massive improvement among the Gator team nextseason, there will still be the Lawrence/CaneThing's, Jd8108's, and whoever I don't care to mention still spewing chunks of negativity on this board. I haven't been this excited the middle of the Urban Meyer era. I really believe Mac is done with his players playing down to the competition for the rest of this season.

I'm looking forward to handling SC, FAU, and F$U, on our way to Atlanta.

#14 ReelGatorDoc

ReelGatorDoc

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:51 AM

Does seem a bit unappreciative to hear so much gripping about "how" we ended up the SEC East champions this year.

Just say that a few times and I bet a little smile will occur in the commissure of your mouth.
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!

#15 Gators79

Gators79

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:23 AM

In Treon's defense, he should have never been recruited to play QB ......It was MushCrap and company that failed him. 

Like SOS said "It was my fault for putting you in" !

• Crunchtime likes this

#16 John_Blutarsky

John_Blutarsky

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:35 AM

I haven't seen a single post from anyone griping or complaining that we won the SEC East after a pretty long drought. For McElwain to do so in his first season with mostly 4-8's leftovers on offense and a patchwork offensive line is nothing short of amazing! I couldn't be happier that he is our coach and I am really looking forward to the years to come. 

But as Winston Wolfe so famously said, "let's not start s***ing each other's ***** quite yet!" 

The SEC East was pretty pathetic this season. That's really not disputable. We are winning, yes. But we're doing so with a suffocating defense that was largely recruited and built by the former guy. Will McElwain be able to keep that unit at its current level of dominance? That's a huge question going forward. 

If that defense drops off next season due to the departure of some important pieces, will he be able to improve the offense enough to offset those losses on the other side of the ball? 

The reason some fans are a bit hesitant to embrace our newfound success is because this success has come to us so quickly that we really don't know this team's identity nor what it will look like next season. To be plain, there's just not a lot of certainty about this team right now.

We see the results of what Mac is doing but we're not able to see whether how he is doing can be replicated in the future. Mac's having a hell of a run with 4-8's players. And I'm grateful. I just want to see a team led by an undisputed quarterback with an offense that gives defensive coordinators nightmares. When Florida has enjoyed its greatest successes in the past, that's what we've had. Let's see if Mac can deliver that in the future. 

But, hey, great season. I'm loving it. Rah-rah Treon. Go Gators. It's great to be a Gator. All the rest of that. 

#17 gatordad3

gatordad3

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:44 AM

Here's a few, Bluto:

Have been following the Gators since 1965, and that ranked as one of the worst performances by a team and coaches since the loss to Georgia Southern and the 31-31 tie to FSU. The play calling was pathetic, special teams was pathetic, save for the final field goal. The receivers can not catch and dance sideways, QB can not throw, OL can not block, RB's run sideways, The secondary continues to have major holding, PI, and targeting penalties, and the linebackers still let running QB's get loose.This offensive team is way too bad to have turnovers. If Vandy had any pulse on offense the Gators would have lost. This is totally inept an pathetic in every way. This offense today would make Musschamp look like he was an Ofensive genius. Nice way to kill the swamp.

This is the WORST OFFENSE I've seen ALL YEAR and that's including EVERY college game I've watched!  THREE TURNOVERS AND ITS NOT EVEN HALFTIME 2 BY THAT WONDERFUL QB YOU ALL WANTED. SO SLOPPY this team doesn't act like it even wants to play in At!  Refs are terrible but would have to be 2nd to as bad as our offense is today.  DISGUSTED.  Pick it up GATORS!

What a GAG! !!!! Bad play calling on O, terrible execution, can't block, can't catch, can't hold on to ball, can't kick. These Losers won't win but one more game playing like this. Defense quit on the Vandy TD. This team needs to wake-up or things are really going to get ugly. 

Nussbaum sucks, This is an embarassment to gator nation.

#18 gatordad3

gatordad3

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:50 AM

I'm sure there are more but just wait for a very notable closet troll to show up between today and Wednesday.

#19 John_Blutarsky

John_Blutarsky

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:51 AM

Here's a few, Bluto:

Some people are never satisfied. I guess I need to waste more time on GSMB than I already do. Thanks for the update! 

#20 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:03 AM

Here's a few, Bluto:

I was thinking to myself how bad these guys' lives must be if they are this angry over a win. Then I realized... they were f$u fans last year so no worries.

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users