• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:04 PM

I saw it replayed several times on different stations yesterday:  Muschamp's explosions on the sidelines.  It reminded me of how much I really disliked him as a coach and wanted him gone after the homecoming loss to Vandy and the Georgia Southern debacle.

Sure I know coaches yell and I have been on the receiving end a few times, but nothing like I saw from him yesterday.  Every part of his body is screaming as loudly as his mouth.

I can only imagine what he's like when there are no cameras or microphones.

McElwain's demeanor is perfect for this team.  One of Te Boys said, "You know when coach is serious.  You can hear a pin drop.

Mac's tongue lashing of KT was definitely rough, but not nearly as bad as Muschamp.  Plus, look at how KT has come around for the team.  You know there was more talking and teaching going on after that when there were no cameras of microphones that helped KT improve as a man and a player.

I don't think that happens with Muschamp.

Just makes me appreciate even more having Jim McElwain as our head football coach and I hope he stays at UF for a long, long time.

• Tee-it-up, NashvilleG8R, PS13 and 3 others like this

#2 Tee-it-up

Tee-it-up

True Gator

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:53 PM

I saw it replayed several times on different stations yesterday:  Muschamp's explosions on the sidelines.  It reminded me of how much I really disliked him as a coach and wanted him gone after the homecoming loss to Vandy and the Georgia Southern debacle.

Sure I know coaches yell and I have been on the receiving end a few times, but nothing like I saw from him yesterday.  Every part of his body is screaming as loudly as his mouth.

I can only imagine what he's like when there are no cameras or microphones.

McElwain's demeanor is perfect for this team.  One of Te Boys said, "You know when coach is serious.  You can hear a pin drop.

Mac's tongue lashing of KT was definitely rough, but not nearly as bad as Muschamp.  Plus, look at how KT has come around for the team.  You know there was more talking and teaching going on after that when there were no cameras of microphones that helped KT improve as a man and a player.

I don't think that happens with Muschamp.

Just makes me appreciate even more having Jim McElwain as our head football coach and I hope he stays at UF for a long, long time.

+1

#3 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,558 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:38 PM

There is a vast difference between your response to errors that can be corrected and to blunders that were basically deliberate.  I can't see anybody on this staff having an emotional response to mistakes that can and should be corrected.  See the targeting penalty response from the head coach.  Even if you think that the call was correct (I sure don't) the response was one of support and perhaps coaching, not yelling etc.  I bet there is one freshman on his defense that probably wishes he were at UF.  More success, more coaching, less yelling and emotional responses.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#4 scooby321

scooby321

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:23 PM

Mac can coach up players and well as his staff

#5 Avadakedavra

Avadakedavra

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

I said this in muschamps first season and this board told me that I obviously never played sports before and to get back in the kitchen

#6 Homer J

Homer J

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

Winner vs also ran

Ironic, they're both sabonites

#7 nopriors

nopriors

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:07 PM

The best thing McElwain said when he came on board was that he would build the system largely based on what he had to work with not necessarily make the players fit into some system that would take a couple years to fill. It's working.

Carlo Pietro Giovanni Guglielmo Tebaldo Ponzi

#8 John_Blutarsky

John_Blutarsky

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:20 PM

I'm so far past Coach 4-8 at this point, he doesn't even register to me. Let's face it, that guy is not a winner. As soon as we got rid of him, we started winning again. Now that Malzahn has him, Auburn is a trainwreck. Coincidence? Not hardly! 

• DunedinDan likes this

#9 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:31 AM

Why dwell in the past when the present is so amazing?

One thing I've noticed about Coach Mac, he's a field general.  He's cool and in command during the game.  Most people can't appreciate the organizational side of being a head coach, all the things done during the week by players and staff to prepare for the game.  There's no doubt about who's in charge, yet he listens more than he talks on headsets while managing the overall game. 

It's great having a head coach with an offensive background!  Coach Mac and Nuss bring it to the opponent - both minds bent on attacking the defense.     

#10 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:39 AM

Not to sound defensive, I'm not dwelling, as it were, in the past, merely referencing what separates coaches in their approach to their craft.

The future is now.  Saturdays are fun again.

#11 Lake Gator

Lake Gator

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationSouth Lake County, FL

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:28 AM

Another trait of Coach Mac is his ability to recognize and hire quality assistant coaches. He assembled an effective mix of recruiters and teachers whose personalities and philosophies mesh well. No Cheeseburger Charlies here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users