• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 PCGatorAlum

PCGatorAlum

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:28 PM

I am an alumnus and the biggest Gator fan you will ever find. However, Grier bought and took whatever the hell it was. UF should kick him off the team. There should be a no tolerance policy in regard to this. These kids are told not to take anything without checking first. So either he is stupid or lying either way it makes my school look dishonest. We should not tolerate that. Winning is fine I love to win but not at any cost to the University’s integrity.

• Theologator and dfwgator like this

#2 Red D

Red D

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:33 PM

Step 1. Find a short pier
Step 2. Take a long walk off of it.

#3 dfwgator

dfwgator

True Gator

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:34 PM

Is he wrong?....That is the first thing ALL players are told. Do not take ANYTHING without consulting the trainer first. 

#4 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:36 PM

Is he wrong?....That is the first thing ALL players are told. Do not take ANYTHING without consulting the trainer first. 

he's not wrong, but that penalty is stiff enough.  Harshest I have seen in a long time, for anything

#5 gatorgrad'02

gatorgrad'02

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

he's not wrong, but that penalty is stiff enough. Harshest I have seen in a long time, for anything

+1

#6 mangrove gator

mangrove gator

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

Have you every made an honest mistake in life? You know at least the kid was man enough to admit it! By the way just because you went to UF does that make you special?At least he wasn't out there raping women or slaping them around! 

#7 PCGatorAlum

PCGatorAlum

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:48 PM

I have made plenty of mistakes however I also took the consequences for them. He admitted it when he got caught so i do not give him credit for that. Calling me names does not change the facts. I also believe that the University should lead on these types of issues so we do not become like other schools. 

#8 JHCRANE-14

JHCRANE-14

All Vol

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • LocationThe sunny beaches of South Florida and the hilltops of Tennessee!!!

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:50 PM

I am an alumni and the biggest Gator fan you will ever find. However, Grier bought and took whatever the hell it was. UF should kick him off the team. There should be a no tolerance policy in regard to this. These kids are told not to take anything without checking first. So either he is stupid or lying either way it makes my school look dishonest. We should not tolerate that. Winning is fine I love to win but not at any cost to the University’s integrity.

No doubt Grier made a poor decision but I'm going to choose to believe him until further evidence comes out.
"HEY, SAVE ME SOME!!!"

#9 ALG8ter

ALG8ter

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:57 PM

I have made plenty of mistakes however I also took the consequences for them. He admitted it when he got caught so i do not give him credit for that. Calling me names does not change the facts. I also believe that the University should lead on these types of issues so we do not become like other schools.

No one really cares what you believe or how you feel....the kid made a mistake who are you to bash him. This team who has played with so much heart has just been punched in the gut....so how about being supportive instead of spewing negativity....as fans that's the best we can do for the players right now
  • 5string likes this

#10 PCGatorAlum

PCGatorAlum

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

Nor I about how you feel. I have every right to express my opinion. Just like you. 

#11 dfwgator

dfwgator

True Gator

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:00 PM

No one really cares what you believe or how you feel....the kid made a mistake who are you to bash him. This team who has played with so much heart has just been punched in the gut....so how about being supportive instead of spewing negativity....as fans that's the best we can do for the players right now

The best way to support the team is to move on from this, and put faith in the next man up,   there's no time to dwell on it, they'll be plenty of time for that in the off-season, right now, the coaches and players have a job to do. 

• PCGatorAlum likes this

#12 Kilzyo

Kilzyo

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:07 PM

Taking an OTC supplement affects UF's integrity? What planet are you from? You do understand he's a kid and did nothing illegal, correct? He made a dumb decision. Save your BS for the woman beaters, rapists, and thieves.

• PS13 likes this

#13 PCGatorAlum

PCGatorAlum

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:12 PM

They are told EXPLICITLY not to take anything not even cough syrup without checking first. What about that is unclear. There are many OTC products that are banned by the NCAA. So he buys an OTC supplement and takes it knowing that. Why would he do that? I’d like to know the reasoning there. 

#14 g8torhed

g8torhed

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:25 PM

I almost think he was trying to get away with something and got caught. Oh well....Next!!
  • PCGatorAlum likes this

#15 Red D

Red D

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:29 PM

Kids are explicitly told a lot of things like don't smoke pot, don't drink underage, don't steal, don't put your hands on anyone, the list goes on and on - but this one deserves dismissal from the team? I'm pretty sure sitting around for 365 days watching your team do it without you is more than enough punishment. He did nothing illegal.

#16 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:32 PM

You have a point, this may not be the best time to press it.  We don't treat students in the general population that harshly for being stupid.  

• gatorfor88 likes this

#17 Theologator

Theologator

True Gator

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:36 PM

I am an alumni....

You are an alumnus, unless you are female in which case you would be an alumna. Alumni is plural. We expect the best of UF alumni, so please live up to the highest standards.
  • mtn2top, PS13, OldGatorAlum and 3 others like this
ENJOY THE RIDE!

#18 dfwgator

dfwgator

True Gator

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:37 PM

Unfortunately for Grier,  now with McElwain, UF is going to be able to recruit top-notch quarterbacks again, and likely Grier may have a tough time getting his starting job back once he returns. 

#19 Theologator

Theologator

True Gator

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:39 PM

He's taking the consequences and pursuing the appeals process as available. The university has acted appropriately as far as we know. Why do you want to impose greater consequences than he is facing?
ENJOY THE RIDE!

#20 PCGatorAlum

PCGatorAlum

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:41 PM

Well maybe but it is time to move on it is what it is. I don’t get to make the desicion. You are correct Theologator it is Alumnus. Should brush up on my latin.

• Theologator likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users