Close Open
Close Open
Photo

MCELWAIN Not pleased? NOT NAMING QB starter!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 KarVer

KarVer

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Location... Florida

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

Treon coming off suspension HC McElwain not completely pleased with Grier's performance refuses to name Grier, the Gators starting QB! McElwain is starting to T me off, grier did better than Treon would have all season, showed poise, an behind a porous line did alright an won from behind! he darn should be the starting QB without worry of losing it..
If I was in his predicament I would would say Bye,C ya! you want to lose an have a druggie, trouble making, untrustworthy QB an I just saved our but w tenn, well you may have him I'm gone!
WtHeck is up with Coach!!???!!!

#2 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

:panic:

#3 Dugaboy

Dugaboy

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

OH MY GAWD! Coach didn't name next Saturday's quarterback! We are doomed!

Hey Bubblehead, it is only Monday....

#4 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

Well, KarVer,  bye.

#5 KarVer

KarVer

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Location... Florida

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:20 PM

What?!?
If you think treon should be the starter, then say so. If you agree with McElwain say so. If you are not pleased with Greier or his come from behind victory say so.
Why getting to 5 games does the gators not have a permanent starter at QB? He would get more reps correct an it could help, not naming a starter splits reps an hinders right?
What is your opinions on why the HC aint settled yet?

#6 gatorfor88

gatorfor88

True Gator

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • LocationPanama City

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt we have a coach a few years ago who wouldnt always name a starting qb? Why it seems like sometimes he even would play 2 qb's on back to back plays! That is unheard of

#7 GoGatorz1978

GoGatorz1978

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:32 PM

It's called competition and not letting your freshman qb get a big head. He wants to push him so he knows that if he slacks off there is another guy right behind him able to step in. Also it gives the other team two qb's to plan for. Get a grip. Jeez
  • ccsdk, mtn2top, Ga Gator and 3 others like this

#8 OldGatorAlum

OldGatorAlum

True Gator

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

It's called competition and not letting your freshman qb get a big head. He wants to push him so he knows that if he slacks off there is another guy right behind him able to step in. Also it gives the other team two qb's to plan for. Get a grip. Jeez

Exactly.  Pretty apparent Mac knows how to handle and develop QBs, something we haven't seen in a long time.  He seems to be pretty damn smart in regards to just about everything going on in the program, and it's obvious he has us heading in the right direction.  He may be playing some mind games, who knows.  Our two most successful coaches in my lifetime were masters at that.

All this transfer talk is the new trendy thing I guess.

• Ga Gator, DunedinDan and cobragtrs like this

#9 John_Blutarsky

John_Blutarsky

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

Clearly, Mac is trying to motivate his guys. Plus, as has been pointed out many times, we need Treon to stay mentally engaged throughout this season. If he goes ahead and names Grier as the undisputed starter then Treon might check out and that would be bad for the team. Even if Mac already has his mind made up that Grier is the guy, which I think he does, it's best to leave the job open publicly so both guys continue to go as hard as they can in practice. 

I don't think Mac is going to trust Treon as the leader of this football team after what he's done. But he's not about to come out and say that by giving Will the job outright. Particularly not after Grier played average for three quarters. 

• PharmaGator and Ga Gator like this

#10 KarVer

KarVer

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Location... Florida

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

HC McElwain not completely pleased with Grier's performance, I seem to recall he is a redshirt freshman, he will make a few mistakes. But I was pleased with him on Saturday, he rallied the team to come from behind to victory. He didnt give up, even when his OL didn't hold up some times for him, or the run game not paying off good. Granted Urban Played 2 QBs but I recall Leak as the Starter, with Tebow listed at #2. Coach Mc dont name official starting QB an switches player rosters.

#11 GatorShea

GatorShea

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:35 PM

We all know that if Treon checks out early then he burns one and gets suspended again.  This way he thinks there is a chance.  

#12 KarVer

KarVer

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Location... Florida

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:38 PM

An I will add his talk of basketball is getting tiring. He coaches FOOTBALL. Coach White coaches basketball. I admit I watch more football than basketball, an I dont see a point Guard in Football. I get some what confused with some of his analogies.

#13 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:50 PM

KarVer, really?  You don't get analogies?  Have you ever taken a literature course?  What ever Treon did warranted a one-game suspension and he served it.  Will he risk further disciplinary action?  Nobody can control someone else's behavior.

If coach Mac wants Treon to get reps and play in the game, it must mean that Coach has held Treon accountable and Treon paid his dues.

The SEC  is rugged, Grier has his struggles, and while we are all disappointed in Treon, we don't have another backup QB, so thankfully Harris's indiscretion didn't get him suspended for more than one game or arrested and sent to jail.

So who should be the QB?  There is no slam dunk answer.

• Ga Gator likes this

#14 PharmaGator

PharmaGator

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:18 PM

Clearly, Mac is trying to motivate his guys. Plus, as has been pointed out many times, we need Treon to stay mentally engaged throughout this season. If he goes ahead and names Grier as the undisputed starter then Treon might check out and that would be bad for the team. Even if Mac already has his mind made up that Grier is the guy, which I think he does, it's best to leave the job open publicly so both guys continue to go as hard as they can in practice. 

I don't think Mac is going to trust Treon as the leader of this football team after what he's done. But he's not about to come out and say that by giving Will the job outright. Particularly not after Grier played average for three quarters. 

This

#15 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:33 PM

Mac knows who his QB is going to be.  He also knows how to motivate players and keep them prepared. 

All is well and good in Gator Country today.  Hopefully the players don't think they have arrived and keep working hard.  If we get blown out by Ole Miss, which has an offense capable of scoring points, then we will be taking steps backward.

I think our D is capable of holding it's own, but they need to come in focused and on their A game.

Grier just needs to keep learning, the line needs to keep maturing and the ball needs to keep bouncing our way.

No reason for any Gators to be up in arms on a beautiful Monday full of hope and joy.

• Ga Gator likes this

#16 KarVer

KarVer

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Location... Florida

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:20 PM

DunedinDan if I took a literature course, likely it was a long time ago in High School.

I am scratching my head about the other people who have little to contribute, an are happy to bash. My how times have changed online.
If some believe its "motivation" how Mac has been to his QBs then I respect your opinion, I on the other hand dont see it as such. There are other ways.

#17 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:01 AM

KarVer, you are still allowed to read books after high school.   I bet there is a library in your town, and I can recommend a long list of authors who use analogies to move their stories along without using basketball terms.

As for Mac and Treon.  Coach McElwain is helping a young man under a great deal of pressure from his course schedule and his place on a football team that is high profile, and the family and friends around him that are always in his ear. 

If Mac can teach Treon to deal with the stress without burning a spliff, he will be teaching Treon how to be a man and then a football player without chemical aid.  that would be a whole lot better than how Meyer tried to manage the Cam Newton situation.

About 12 hours ago, you said we posters could have Coach McElwain as our head football coach and that you were gone.  Yet, you are still here posting on a thread you said you would vacate along with the Florida Gators.

Don't scratch your head any more. That is exactly why you are being bashed.  You said you were going to do something and you did not do it.  We will take Coach Mac and you go ahead and BE GONE!  Read your original post and adios, my friend.  (This is a family forum.)

• Lake Gator and KarVer like this

#18 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:58 AM

Let Ole Mess prepare for both of them.  Grier played a very physical game last week.   A dual threat QB leaning on the run could give their defense fits and some second thoughts on rushing the passer.  

After last week, I now believe anything is possible.  They are playing like a team and will perform well for either QB.   

#19 PharmaGator

PharmaGator

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:31 AM

how bout this...once Mac names Grier "the guy", consider what happens next. Grier gets nearly ALL meaningful snaps at practice with the first team. Mac then has to play mental warfare even more with his QB's to keep Grier from getting the big head and Treon from shutting down completely. With our thin OL and the brutal SEC DL's, he knows he is one play away from needing 2 serviceable QB's.

• mtn2top likes this

#20 PharmaGator

PharmaGator

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:36 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users