• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jbprivate

jbprivate

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

The following link listed the 33 best college bars.  

https://www.yahoo.co...221427571.html 

While I understand how useless, uninformed and un-researched most of these internet lists are I still must ask is The Swamp really the best bar in Gainesville?

I haven't been back to G-ville in years but back in my time I remember the Purple Porpoise, the old CJ's and even the old Orange and Brew as fun bars.  

I have never been to the Swamp bar/restaurant but from their website it looks like a place I would go now, and I am old and boring.  It doesn't look like a "college bar".  

#2 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:16 AM

It's okay. I went there quite often as a student because it was 30 yards from my last class on Fridays and the drinks weren't too bad from what I remember. They kind of hire wait staff like hooters but no complaints here. Food was above average, but the location is what really set it apart IMO.

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#3 Dugaboy

Dugaboy

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

In my time, it was Sams Lounge at University & 13th; it was across 13th Street from The Pike House...

#4 -THE DUDE-

-THE DUDE-

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

It's one of my must stops when in town for a game

#5 Shelby County Gator

Shelby County Gator

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

The following link listed the 33 best college bars.  

https://www.yahoo.co...221427571.html 

While I understand how useless, uninformed and un-researched most of these internet lists are I still must ask is The Swamp really the best bar in Gainesville?

I haven't been back to G-ville in years but back in my time I remember the Purple Porpoise, the old CJ's and even the old Orange and Brew as fun bars.  

I have never been to the Swamp bar/restaurant but from their website it looks like a place I would go now, and I am old and boring.  It doesn't look like a "college bar".  

I was at UF from '95 - '99, and we went to the Swamp a lot, and seem to end up there every time we go back to G'ville.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users