• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 louisianagator

louisianagator

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:33 AM

Gators opened as a 3 point favorite with early movement pushing the line to -2.

My prediction: Gators continue to find a way 24-17

#2 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

Tennessee-34 

Florida-10 

Vols have too many weapons on O and will wreak havoc with their D line. The game will be closer than my final score indicates before they blow it open with some 4th quarter scores. There's only so much our D can do. 

#3 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

Tennessee-34 

Florida-10 

Vols have too many weapons on O and will wreak havoc with their D line. The game will be closer than my final score indicates before they blow it open with some 4th quarter scores. There's only so much our D can do. 

How did your last score prediction go?

• louisianagator likes this

#4 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

Wobble, LoF must be experiencing a slow day and dealing with several football hangovers down at the car wash.

#5 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:53 AM

How did your last score prediction go?

Not so well. I had UK winning 27-17. 

I think this is a different animal we're dealing with this week, though. A major step up in competition in the sense that Tennessee has tons of weapons on offense. Our D is very good, but, as we learned under Muschamp, it can only hold up for so long. We'll need a lot more offense to have a prayer in this one, in my opinion. 

Jalen Hurd, Ethan Wolf, Marquez North, Pig Howard, Josh Malone, Alvin Kamara, and, of course, Josh Dobbs leading them all....how do we match up with that? I just don't see it. 

#6 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:02 AM

I think this is a different animal we're dealing with this week, though. A major step up in competition in the sense that Tennessee has tons of weapons on offense. Our D is very good, but, as we learned under Muschamp, it can only hold up for so long. We'll need a lot more offense to have a prayer in this one, in my opinion. 

Jalen Hurd, Ethan Wolf, Marquez North, Pig Howard, Josh Malone, Alvin Kamara, and, of course, Josh Dobbs leading them all....how do we match up with that? I just don't see it. 

Maybe you should just stick to predicting scores for the team you actually root for.

• gatorsc, mtn2top, Ga Gator and 3 others like this

#7 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:10 AM

Where are all of your pics from the UK game? I wanted to see you bumping elbows with all of those UAA sources you know so well.

• Ga Gator likes this

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#8 Gator2222

Gator2222

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:17 PM

I am glad this game is at home.  We are going to have to play better on offense and win the turnover battle.  If we do those two things we will win.

I will never forget the game in Knoxville in 2002.  UT were heavy favorites.  They were ranked 4th in the nation and we looked absolutely horrible. 

I was in a bar on the strip in Knoxville before the game.  I went to the bathroom and a UT fan walked in and started talking trash.  He looked at me and said "It's not even going to be close, 30 point victory".  I just looked at him and said "I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't see anyway we win by that much" and walked out.

We had the luckiest five minute span of football I have ever seen.  In a heavy downpour UT fumbled on 4 consecutive plays (7 total first half fumbles by UT) and gave us 24 points.  The whole stadium was booing as UT left the field at the half.

Beautiful day.

• mtn2top and Gator_Machine like this

#9 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:17 PM

The line is just about right with Florida holding the home field advantage.  We could use a little Swamp mojo for this one.   

• gatorsc and GatorRaz like this

#10 KarVer

KarVer

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Location... Florida

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:29 PM

Coach Mac will come down on them imo an whipped up some "thing" for UT, the fans will Help, an if injuries stay at bay, it might not be pretty could be ugly, but I feel good about it, I do think the Gators in Gville will Win. An I pray have less than 10 darn penalties called on them. An WG isnt "hurt" still in his side from last weekend. They can do it. An its earlier than the last 3 so maybe less nerves and time to think.

#11 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:12 AM

Where are all of your pics from the UK game? I wanted to see you bumping elbows with all of those UAA sources you know so well.

Bueller?.... Bueller?........

• Gator2222 likes this

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#12 NotaGator

NotaGator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

I prefer the vols to be an underdog.  Hopefully now they have a chip on their shoulder.  I am worried about your D, you all look solid on all levels.  The match up looks as though it will be a low scoring affair with the the lower the score the better chance for the gators.  Here is to an injury free, action packed game!  

Vols 24

Gators 17

Go Vols!

#13 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:05 AM

Our defense won't give up 24, but UT could score that many with a special teams score or one on defense, so if that doesn't happen:

UF 24

UT 17

#14 Gatormatic

Gatormatic

True Gator

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:33 PM

It's an interesting game on a lot of different levels - the Gators' 10 game win streak, Coach Mac's first big game in the Swamp (and in the 3:30 time slot), if the Vols are "back" or not, our strength (defense) vs. their strength (offense), our weakness (offense) vs. their weakness (defense), SEC Nation (and Tebow) being in Gainesville, I could go on and on.

Here's what it comes down to in my mind: Dobbs, Hurd, Howard, etc. are very talented, but our defense is good enough to contain them (not shut them down, but contain them). Our DL is pretty great, and our secondary is pheneomenal - with a banged up LB core, it's great that the unit in front of them and behind them is excellent. Will be able to mask any issues there. Tennessee's defense, on the other hand, is overrated and very young. I think we can move the ball on them, and as long as we limit TO's (1-2 tops), the offense will be good enough to get the W. The Swamp will be electric and our guys will show the rest of the country that we're on the rise.

Gators - 23

Vols - 17

This would set up what could be an astronomically big game next Saturday night in the Swamp vs. Ole Miss. With how good the Rebs looked vs. Bama, I don't like our chances of winning that game. But we do have the secondary to compete with their talented WR's, I'm just worried about what that Mississippi DL could do to our young OL. Regardless, I think we go to Missouri the following week and win, putting us at 5-1 entering the LSU and Georgia games -which will decide our season. The Ole Miss and LSU games will be tough, but the Tennessee and Mizzou games are must-win games and winnable games based on how we (and they) have looked thus far. As it has in years past, the UF-UGA game in Jax very well could be almost a playoff game for the SEC East title, and I think we win it. The Florida Gators rise!

Go Gators!

#15 lizard84

lizard84

True Gator

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:01 AM

Money coming back to Vols........UF -1.5

#16 marley

marley

Senior Gator

• Members