• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#41 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

I should have the right to say the truth.

It is no secret that there were black players last season who supported the black QB (Brisset initially which was alluded to in public statements by black players) and were against the white Driskell as QB,

I don't understand how people think that there was a racial divide with Brisset and Driskel. By evidence of gameplay, I don't blame a lot of the players for supporting Jacoby, he was better in hindsight. The two or three players that voiced their opinion online HAPPENED to be black. Based on our demographic numbers on our football team, the odds were pretty good that could happen. Math and whatnot....

DrW, were you in the locker room? Did you see yourself the 'racial divide.' No, you didn't. If these players are as racist as you say why would they sign with a white coach, either? Your assumptions are ill advised.

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#42 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:40 AM

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#43 DrW

DrW

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:08 PM

I don't understand how people think that there was a racial divide with Brisset and Driskel. By evidence of gameplay, I don't blame a lot of the players for supporting Jacoby, he was better in hindsight. The two or three players that voiced their opinion online HAPPENED to be black. Based on our demographic numbers on our football team, the odds were pretty good that could happen. Math and whatnot....

DrW, were you in the locker room? Did you see yourself the 'racial divide.' No, you didn't. If these players are as racist as you say why would they sign with a white coach, either? Your assumptions are ill advised.

You are misinterpreting my positions.

I don't know if any racial bias existed on the part of the players and never said it did.

I only raised the question of whether it existed.

When black players are vocal in preferring a black QB over a white QB, where the white QB was the choice of the coaches, how can you say it most certainly did not exist? Brisset wasn't that great when he was here. Driskell earned the starter role for two years in a row, beating out Harris and Brisset. Without any racial preference by the black players you would think that none would state a preference for the black QB and would have supported the coaches choice.

Also, the players played harder when Harris started last year instead of Driskell, and played harder for Driskell when he came in as a backup for the starter Harris, then when Driskell was the starter. In fact, Driskell had some of his best games as a backup to the starter Harris, in the second half of the season last year (as when he came in as a sub for Harris to seal the win against East Carolina in the bowl game).

This is not necessarily evidence that there was racial bias in preference to starting Harris over Driskell, but it is suggestive of this, and this is why I raised the question. The emotion of the issue made others, like you, jump to the conclusion that I was saying racial bias among black players favoring a black over a white QB definitely existed when all I was doing was the raise the question of its possible existence based on circumstantial evidence.

Te fact that others denounce anyone for even raising such a question is a sad commentary on the politically corect closed-mindedness of many people.

#44 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

In before delete.

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users