• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#21 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

They reject everyone.  It requires thick skin. 

Well then I think it is best that DrW stays away from that place. :laugh:

#22 DrW

DrW

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:20 PM

Spent 25 years of my ensuring everyone has the right to free speech.  I hope you aren't leaving the forum, to do so means someone has quelled a voice.  People may not agree with your opinion's, but it is your opinion and you are just as entitled to it as any movement member.

No one has to agree with an opinion, merely recognize it's an opinion.  We are not all in lock step.

He has a right to free speech, doesn't mean he has the right to say what he wants on this forum.  Trying to bring up racial issues on a sports forum is just stupid.  Since we don't have a political forum, he should have taken it to the Lounge instead.

I should have the right to say the truth.

It is no secret that there were black players last season who supported the black QB (Brisset initially which was alluded to in public statements by black players) and were against the white Driskell as QB,

I observed that the team of mostly black players played better for Harris than for Driskell which raises the question of black player prejudice against the white QB.

This is most definitely a football issue where race may play a role and should not be regarded as stupid to discuss.

If the "QB" thread was truly considered as not sports related, as this "Bye Bye" thread is,  then why was it deleted and not instead simply moved to the Lounge forum as this "Bye Bye" thread was?

Censorship of true and relevant comments, based on political correctness instead of validity, is dangerous as well as cowardly.

I will continue to post on the Lounge forum but not on the censored forum where my thread was removed instead of moved here.

Let's see how long I will last here.

#23 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

I thought you were done here.

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#24 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:59 PM

I should have the right to say the truth.

You do have the right to say what you believe is the truth.  You just don't have a right to say it here.  If you are going to post on this board, you have to post within the rules that the management has set up.  If you don't like it, then post somewhere else.

#25 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

You do have the right to say what you believe is the truth.  You just don't have a right to say it here.  If you are going to post on this board, you have to post within the rules that the management has set up.  If you don't like it, then post somewhere else.

vhTUQ.gif

• WobbleGator likes this

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#26 DrW

DrW

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:19 PM

I thought you were done here.

I am through with the Gatorsports forum as I stated on my Bye Bye post on that censored forum.

I never left this Lounge forum.

So sorry to disappoint you.

Can't you block out my posts or something to censor me?

#27 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:24 PM

I am through with the Gatorsports forum as I stated on my Bye Bye post on that censored forum.

You are not disappointing me at all.  I don't care if you stay or go.

#28 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:29 PM

Why would I block you?  I find the tantrum entertaining.  

#29 TLB

TLB

Chicks dig me.

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • LocationGetting to the point....

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

I'm thinking the same folks with authority to delete a thread in the sports forum have the ability to delete threads in the lounge if they go beyond what the site owners are willing to tolerate.  What I mean is, this thread can go off the rails and earn the same fate.  Moreover, DrW, you will find your same censorship here as you did there - hence why most of us took it as "Bye Bye" to the entire site.

#30 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

Why would I block you?  I find the tantrum entertaining.  

+1

#31 DrW

DrW

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

I have re-read the rules and can not see which rule my posts on the QB thread violated other than someone didn't agree with me and caused my thread to be removed.

Can you tell me which rule that I violated?

#32 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

You don't have to violate a rule to have a thread or post deleted.  The admin likely viewed it as potentially infammatory and deleted it. 

#33 DrW

DrW

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

You don't have to violate a rule to have a thread or post deleted.  The admin likely viewed it as potentially infammatory and deleted it. 

Then why have rules?

#34 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

Why are you asking me? Why not let it go and realize someone, somehow crossed an imaginary line.  Being butthurt on the internet makes you look fat.

#35 DrW

DrW

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:15 PM

Why are you asking me? Why not let it go and realize someone, somehow crossed an imaginary line.  Being butthurt on the internet makes you look fat.

I would like to know if someone disagreed (perhaps strongly) with what I said, and for that reason alone had my thread removed.

I did not violate any rule as stated that I can discern.

Is that unreasonable of me?

#36 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:31 PM

The asnwer is yes.  The admin clearly disagreed strongly enough to remove the thread. 

I've got this craving for seafood and it isn't funny.  

#37 Gator Sports Admin

Gator Sports Admin

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:56 PM

The thread violated rule 3.2b http://forum.gatorsp...20-forum-rules/. It was removed because the conversation had quickly devolved into calling other posters racists and had become toxic.

Gatorsports makes it easier than ever to stay connected to the Gator Nation. 

#38 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:38 PM

The thread violated rule 3.2b http://forum.gatorsp...20-forum-rules/. It was removed because the conversation had quickly devolved into calling other posters racists and had become toxic.

SEE!?  Just like I said. 

Yo, admin, mod me and I'll keep the sheep in line.  I still won't read Pat Dooley's stuff, but I'm a supporter of Zach. 

#39 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:23 AM

Mohawk_owned.gif

#40 DrW

DrW

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:51 AM

Thank you for providing that info. Yes, it is true descriptions of being racist were often used in the thread that was removed.

I believe that describing someone as a racist is not hate speech and is not discriminatory. It is a description that may be true or false. I do not know the race of other posters, and other posters do not know my race, so how can we make racist statements against each other in being color blind to one another?

But then I think logically without allowing emotion to intrude into my thought. On many threads hateful instances of name calling and hateful descriptions of posters can be found that are not meant to describe but are meant to slur others in hate.

Site administrators certainly should exclude whatever they want and for any reason they chose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users