• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 airforcemama

airforcemama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:16 AM

My hospital has a weight loss challenge competition starting today that lasts 12 weeks. The winning team (5 people) that has the greatest percentage of weight loss wins $10,000! My team is motivated, but I am going to have to be much more disciplined with my snacking to lose any serious weight. I think I am going to start with small habits and just ramp them up every week of the competition, use the HabitRPG app, the 7 minute workout in the evenings and a longer workout in the mornings (P90X or running).

Anyone have any tips to keep me on track for the 12 weeks?

Also there is a side competition for best team name/photo - if you want to vote for my team (Gym Class Heroes) that would be great:

https://www.healthyw...ndary_filter=26

The winner of the photo contest wins $300 which was our entry fee for the contest.

Thanks and Go Gators!

#2 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:37 AM

Throw up any food you eat.

#3 CivilGator

CivilGator

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:50 AM

Get off your lard ass and actually exercise then push away from the training table once in while.

#4 CivilGator

CivilGator

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:52 AM

And I mean that in a most positive encouragement way.

#5 Travis McGee

Travis McGee

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

Serious response here (I lost 34 pounds in eight weeks without working out):

1. Download the myfitnesspal app, and use it (it's free). Enter what you eat - everything that you eat - and do it at every meal or snack. It is a way to track exactly what's going into your body, and you need to know that to have success. No need to guess.

2. If you're a male, drop your caloric intake to 1500 a day. It's not nearly as hard as you think. Don't skimp. If you're at 1250 near bedtime, eat some almonds or a protein bar - stay close to 1500.

3. Put your body in the metabolic state of ketosis. Try to limit your carbs to around 50 (or less) - and do it every day. This is a bit more difficult to do, but it's not at all hard. By getting your body in ketosis, your body starts to produce ketones - and ketones actually "eat away" at your body's fat. It works, it really does. (In fact, the South Beach diet is based on ketosis.)

4. Weigh yourself daily. Do it every day, as you need to see the feedback. Do it in the morning, nude and after you've gone to the bathroom.

5. Stop drinking calories. Drink water instead. (If you drink alcohol, try to stay away from beer. I stuck to Glenlivet and Jack.)

6. Eat things that are fresh. Strawberries, grapes, blueberries, blackberries, oranges, bananas and apples are great, as are most kinds of nuts. (But still count the calories.)

I stopped the "diet" after two months, but have been eating better ever since. I've actually lost five more pounds since I stopped, and that was two months ago.

The only calories I drink are from beer, and I've moderated most everything else. I don't count calories any longer, but I have a much better relationship with food and understand it better. 

I feel so much better. I have so much more energy, and bounce around like I'm 25 again. 

Good luck!

#6 Travis McGee

Travis McGee

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

*women can get to 1200 calories and maintain a healthy caloric intake. 

Again, good luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users