• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

I haven't read the books, so I was pretty shocked by that ending. 

Any other GOT fans on here? 

What can we expect moving forward now? 

#2 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:05 PM

I hope the White Walkers are victorious.

#3 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

I hope the White Walkers are victorious.

LOL

Perhaps they will be

#4 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:51 PM

If Jon Snow is not revived, then I hope they all burn.

#5 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:49 PM

If Jon Snow is not revived, then I hope they all burn.

I can certainly relate to that sentiment

I've been poking around online and it looks like there are a few ways he could be brought back in some form. It's definitely going to be interesting to see which direction they decide to go. It just sucks sitting here knowing that we've got to wait until basically next year's spring game before we can find out, lol. 

#6 net0638

net0638

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

i was kinda shocked that had sansa starke raped in the movie.  I was mad as hell

#7 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

The finale left a lot of people's fates unanswered.  Finale should have been longer.

#8 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

I thought there was too much going on for a finale. Stannis has been a main character since the show's beginning and the writers didn't seem to give him too much thought. 

Heard Snow is done. The actor said he won't be back. 

That being said, I wouldn't mind a CGI Jon Snow that becomes the leader of the White Walkers. I would probably root for the White Walkers...

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#9 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

The finale left a lot of people's fates unanswered.  Finale should have been longer.

Agreed, it would have seem less rushed too.

On illegal hits against Danny Wuerffel: "He's like a New Testament person. He gets slapped up side the face, and turns the other cheek and says, 'Lord, forgive them for they know not what they're doing.' I'm probably more of an Old Testament guy. You spear our guy in the earhole, we think we're supposed to spear you in the earhole. That's kind of where we're a little different." - SOS

#10 ShadowGator

ShadowGator

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:32 AM

GoT pulls me in, then lets me get bored, pulls me in, lets me get bored... etc

Too many story lines which allow for little progression of all story lines.  I am hoping with the deaths, some stories start moving.  Dragons!!!  Get the F over to Winterfell and move on the capital already (and kill Stansa in the process to end that story line).  White Walkers, damn... five seasons and we finally get to see something about the force that is coming.  Get here already.  

They need a few more episodes per season, or they need to trim some story lines down going forward so they can actually make some progress.  Great show, but let's be real... if they don't start moving forward people are going to start not caring.  Waiting almost a year for the next batch is something I never understand, and this is hardly the only show that does that...  10 episodes a year?  WTF.   

Love the show... frustrated by the show...

#11 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:05 AM

GoT pulls me in, then lets me get bored, pulls me in, lets me get bored... etc

Too many story lines which allow for little progression of all story lines.  I am hoping with the deaths, some stories start moving.  Dragons!!!  Get the F over to Winterfell and move on the capital already (and kill Stansa in the process to end that story line).  White Walkers, damn... five seasons and we finally get to see something about the force that is coming.  Get here already.  

They need a few more episodes per season, or they need to trim some story lines down going forward so they can actually make some progress.  Great show, but let's be real... if they don't start moving forward people are going to start not caring.  Waiting almost a year for the next batch is something I never understand, and this is hardly the only show that does that...  10 episodes a year?  WTF.   

Love the show... frustrated by the show...

While I agree with your opinion of wanting to have the show move a bit faster but can you really blame them with the author of the books now falling behind the show? Being someone who has read the books, I find it really odd that the story is moving in a direction different than the books. I can't blame them, though. The books probably won't be completely done until 2025ish if Martin makes it that long.

#12 ShadowGator

ShadowGator

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

While I agree with your opinion of wanting to have the show move a bit faster but can you really blame them with the author of the books now falling behind the show? Being someone who has read the books, I find it really odd that the story is moving in a direction different than the books. I can't blame them, though. The books probably won't be completely done until 2025ish if Martin makes it that long.

Well yes, that is a factor I concede.   Although going forward, it is very similar to Star Wars throwing out 20 years of books as though they never happened.  Once a company has the rights...

For GoT, I don't know if the new stuff from the producers of the show will be the same quality, worse, or even possibly better.  No idea.   I do know we will see how they feel about the multiple story lines and if they should trim them down for focus, or continue building characters.   For instance, I remember all the publicity the three girls (Sand Snakes or whatever they were called) were getting being new characters.  They hardly had any part in the show... their mother was more central, and that of course created a new story line for next season since clearly there will be repercussions.  Did the three girls really serve any purpose or could their screen time been better used to fill out some info for Dany and the going ons there?  

I am a bit biased because I really like two story lines:  Dany and her Dragons (and all related characters) and the Wall.  Stansa just seems to be there...  her story is very slow to develop.  Aria is interesting, in a different sort of way but not sure where it plays out long term (not having read the books where there might be more insight)  It just seems to me the central plots are what is coming from the wall, and what is coming from across the sea... and both of those story lines are plodding along.

And like I said, I love the show... I just want more I guess.  More depth, less fluff...  I could be way off of course and Stansa's story line may be the entire core of GoT... right not it just feels like filler they cant get rid of.

#13 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:08 PM

Shadow- You make a number of valid points. Just curious, but do you have any desire to read the books? I haven't read them, either, but am kind of considering checking them out now just to get a better feel for what Martin is trying to do. He claims that he has sprinkled a number of clues about the ending throughout the books and that some people on the internet have already correctly guessed how it will end. He said that he actually thought about changing it when he learned that some people had guessed it online, but then felt like he owed it to both the fans and himself to stay the course since he had already published those hints. That said, he does still have 2 more books to produce, so I wonder if his feeling will change again?

It's strange to think we're now at a point where HBO is going to surpass the books, lol. 

I agree with what you're saying about Dany and the Wall being the two compelling storylines at this point. I would like to see a lot more development of those plots moving forward.

#14 ShadowGator

ShadowGator

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

I would love to the read the books, but I just don't have the time.  I have a backlog of Star Wars books to read!   The fact that HBO now own the rights to make any decisions they want, they can throw out any planned ending he had in mind.  Not to mention, I would think that there will be no further books if HBO keeps going on their own... because he could not write a different ending from what HBO produces without causing a lot of licensing issues.

#15 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

I will start reading the books once he completes all of them.  No point in starting them up when there is a good chance Martin will never finish the remaining ones.

#16 Tifosi

Tifosi

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

You can read?   When did this happen?   :scratchchin:

I just look at the pictures.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I don't think any of our contestants this evening have succeeded in encapsulating the intricacies of Proust's masterwork, so I'm going to award the first prize this evening to the girl with the biggest tits...

#17 GatorUrf10

GatorUrf10

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

The books are worth the read. At some points they are almost identical to the show and sometimes you're wondering if you're reading the right book. But all in all they give you a more in depth perspective to each character's individual feelings and in turn you have a clearer view of each character small or large.

Bring back Hodor.

#18 jbprivate

jbprivate

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:15 PM

Here is an interesting article some differences between the books and the show.

http://www.cracked.c...g-in-books.html

#19 Tifosi

Tifosi

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:37 PM

now this is a series with a fair nude woman to killing ratio!

Well ladies and gentlemen, I don't think any of our contestants this evening have succeeded in encapsulating the intricacies of Proust's masterwork, so I'm going to award the first prize this evening to the girl with the biggest tits...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users