• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 gwinnettgator

gwinnettgator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:09 PM

After speaking with a friend who is an OSU grad and congratulating her for their win, she commented that "Urban Meyers affair is the best thing that happened to us". The word is that UM reportedly had an affair while at UF that almost broke up his marriage and was the cause of his stress and health issues that preceded the SEC game. Word is that the leave was based more on this and that the eventual return to OSU was a fresh start in many ways, in part to get him out of Gainesville. Anyone else hear anything of this nature?

#2 gatorgrad'02

gatorgrad'02

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:32 AM

After speaking with a friend who is an OSU grad and congratulating her for their win, she commented that "Urban Meyers affair is the best thing that happened to us". The word is that UM reportedly had an affair while at UF that almost broke up his marriage and was the cause of his stress and health issues that preceded the SEC game. Word is that the leave was based more on this and that the eventual return to OSU was a fresh start in many ways, in part to get him out of Gainesville. Anyone else hear anything of this nature?

Worst kept secret in Gainesville.

#3 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,558 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:00 AM

Interesting!!!

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#4 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

It was with Timmy, wasn't it? 

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#5 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

Treon handled her much better!

#6 diehardg8r

diehardg8r

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 6,941 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

It was with Timmy, wasn't it?

That's an interesting question. Are you being serious are kidding around?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante

#7 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

That's an interesting question. Are you being serious are kidding around?

He's kidding.  Timmy was a virgin when he left UF.  Didn't you see that Century Tower sh*t a brick?

#8 diehardg8r

diehardg8r

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 6,941 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

Oh yeah, my bad!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante

#9 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

:shifty:

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#10 Double Gator Dad

Double Gator Dad

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

I had not heard this angle. I did hear about an affair but the story was Shelly versus Urban.

Either way, I am not buying it

Urban left for the reasons we already know, he needed to gear down for health reasons and the SEC is not conducive to working less.

#11 diehardg8r

diehardg8r

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 6,941 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

I had not heard this angle. I did hear about an affair but the story was Shelly versus Urban.
Either way, I am not buying it

Urban left for the reasons we already know, he needed to gear down for health reasons and the SEC is not conducive to working less.

Sorry but that is the reason I buy the least. You really think that going to the big 10 is gearing down and working less? They aren't inferior as a conference to the SEC because their coaches don't put in the same amount of time. Let Harbaugh hand him his hat a couple of times and we will see how much gearing down he does!

#12 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:22 PM

Maybe Meyer had to get out of Gainesville before he crashed his motorcycle with his chick holding on to him.

#13 gatorhar

gatorhar

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

You do know why why Billy Gonzalez left for LSU right? Believe it or not that's the story that was going around at that time. I don't know if true, But Billy Gonzalez and Shelly Meyer were said to be breaking down game film together.  

1714b95da67658de1268111975.jpg

Cause the Gators never let you down. They're always here. Every fall, they're here. At 12:00 or at 12:30 or at 3:30 or at 7:00 or at 7:45, there is a game. Does anyone else in your life do that? This is a real family. This is the family that's here for you.

#14 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:09 AM

SSNvg4K.gif

#15 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:20 AM

The Meyer family is a very loving family.

#16 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

The Meyer family is a very loving family.

So were the Waltons, but you never saw them doing THAT!

#17 gatorfor88

gatorfor88

True Gator

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPanama City

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

So were the Waltons, but you never saw them doing THAT!

G'nite John boy

:sick:

#18 GatorShea

GatorShea

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

Why do many people just assume that Harbaugh is going to take Meyer to the woodshed?  Last time I checked Meyer has climbed the mountain three times while Harbaugh almost reached the summit to tragically fall from grace at the hands of Jed York.  Now, I want Harbaugh to be successful but to believe that he is a much better coach than if even equal of a coach as Meyer is a bit silly.  We shall see.  

#19 TLB

TLB

Chicks dig me.

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • LocationGetting to the point....

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

might be wishful thinking, as many of us don't want to see tOSU win, and our members appear split on how they feel about Meyer.

#20 Gangsta Gator

Gangsta Gator

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:33 AM

I wonder what his name is?
GO GATORS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users