Quite, dare-I-say, Spurrier-esque. 

http://www.saturdayd...ls-trouble-sec/

#2 orange60

orange60

Senior Gator

• Banned
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

you thought that was an excellent article?   I thought it was just a case history from Alabama past.....as far as an excellent offense..........how many teams in the SEC use the pistol?  I can off the top of my head think of at least six with multiple formations.    Nothing new here.  UF tried to run a stealth spread.....I say stealth because even the players didn't even know when it was being run.  Then they tried running the pro/spread........a hybrid that never did work out.  Neither Driskel or Harris could run and throw together really well.  Driskel could run, but not throw well, the opposite for Harris. I know Mac was a good position coach at Alabama....no one is doubting that.  He took a CSU team from nothing to a very good team............(in the Mountain West conference!!!!).  Now as a HC in the SEC, he will never be better than Saban and the UF hopeful HAS to understand that  Let's just hope he can recruit and coach.............THIS IS THE SEC.

ONE THING:  Can the UF faithful accept the fact that McElwain will always be a 2nd fiddle coach in the SEC?????   or even a third fiddle? with the likes of great coaches in the SEC now?  Probably not!!.   Will they give him the time to be first chair.......at least four years to get there?  Probably not!!!  McElwain has a large learning curve to endure from some really good SEC coaches in Saban, Miles, Richt, Spurrier, Mahlzan, Mullen,  Pinkel and Sumlin........  and the fast upstarts in Jones, Bielma, Freeze, and Stoops.   When you think of it......the SEC has the collection of greatest coaches by far than any other conference.   Yeah UF fans..........the time will come.........but will you and the UF faithful give him that time?

• Scalawag likes this

#3 G8RATL

G8RATL

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

Good article.

I see hope!

#4 Gator50

Gator50

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

+1

#5 ShadowGator

ShadowGator

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

you thought that was an excellent article?   I thought it was just a case history from Alabama past.....as far as an excellent offense..........how many teams in the SEC use the pistol?  I can off the top of my head think of at least six with multiple formations.    Nothing new here.  UF tried to run a stealth spread.....I say stealth because even the players didn't even know when it was being run.  Then they tried running the pro/spread........a hybrid that never did work out.  Neither Driskel or Harris could run and throw together really well.  Driskel could run, but not throw well, the opposite for Harris. I know Mac was a good position coach at Alabama....no one is doubting that.  He took a CSU team from nothing to a very good team............(in the Mountain West conference!!!!).  Now as a HC in the SEC, he will never be better than Saban and the UF hopeful HAS to understand that  Let's just hope he can recruit and coach.............THIS IS THE SEC.

ONE THING:  Can the UF faithful accept the fact that McElwain will always be a 2nd fiddle coach in the SEC?????   or even a third fiddle? with the likes of great coaches in the SEC now?  Probably not!!.   Will they give him the time to be first chair.......at least four years to get there?  Probably not!!!  McElwain has a large learning curve to endure from some really good SEC coaches in Saban, Miles, Richt, Spurrier, Mahlzan, Mullen,  Pinkel and Sumlin........  and the fast upstarts in Jones, Bielma, Freeze, and Stoops.   When you think of it......the SEC has the collection of greatest coaches by far than any other conference.   Yeah UF fans..........the time will come.........but will you and the UF faithful give him that time?

One Thing: Can we all agree that this guy's opinions are worthless?

• gatorgrad'02, TLB, Coach9 and 6 others like this

#6 Coach9

Coach9

Ox likes the D

• Members
  • 4,848 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

Good article.

#7 lagator

lagator

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

One Thing: Can we all agree that this guy's opinions are worthless?

Agree.....completely.......and his....asinine use....of....periods...is past old....ban the....idiot......

• HammerGator likes this

#8 orange60

orange60

Senior Gator

• Banned
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

LA's and Shadows comments proves my point that Mac won't last too long..........since they are THE gator faithful!!

#9 ShadowGator

ShadowGator

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

LA's and Shadows comments proves my point that Mac won't last too long..........since they are THE gator faithful!!

Umm, is that supposed to be an insult because I am just not feeling insulted.

Try harder.  Meh, never mind... you are voted off the message board.

#10 DaddyGator

DaddyGator

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

Bite your tongue! Weis ran the pistol!

Illegitimi non carborundum

#11 DrW

DrW

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:06 PM

Quite, dare-I-say, Spurrier-esque. 

http://www.saturdayd...ls-trouble-sec/

Thanks for the great info.

MacElwain has described his offense as incorporating different approaches, presumably depending on the players he has and the situation at play.

I believe he will improve in the evaluation of recruits for his offense, and utilization and development of offensive players - the things we have been lacking.

Critical is who he gets as DC, as the article provided states.

#12 GatorDrew

GatorDrew

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationStuart, FL

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

Who is this tool???

#13 Travis McGee

Travis McGee

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

What crawled up that guy's butt and died?

Or I guess I should have said, "What.......crawled up .... That guy's ......butt ?"

#14 VinzClortho

VinzClortho

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • Location55 Central Park West

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

Orange60 is a loser Vol fan, but I repeat myself. His username is a combo of his favorite color and IQ score.

The last time UToothless beat the Gators was 2004, three years before the iPhone was invented.

#15 BMF

BMF

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

It's an article written from a fans perspective....and one that is moronic considering the feels that Muschamp would have "righted the ship". What a joke.

#16 GatorCommander

GatorCommander

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:58 AM

Who is this tool???

You know, I found myself being suckered into engaging this dildo in a debate in another thread. It didn't take long to realize that he is a tool bag who is only posting here to be a dildo. If you look at any of his post he changes his grammar to whatever will be most effective in annoying everyone else. Which begs the question, who the hell spends their time on rival fans message boards trying to piss people off? He clearly doesn't have any meaningful dialog nor can he articulate a senseable thought, so I'm unsure as to why he would not be banned by this point.

#17 Ga Gator

Ga Gator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:21 AM

Anyone who says that Richt is a good coach either knows zip about football or has never seen a UGAG game..

#18 Travis McGee

Travis McGee

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:57 AM

Richt routinely wins 9-10 games a year, something we'd have killed for over the last few seasons.

The writer of the article does a lot stuff for Saturday Down South, and a few other football sites too. He's not Ron Jaworski breaking film down but he does get stuff published at a few different places, and that more that can be said for most anyone on this board.

You may not like the piece he wrote, and that's fair, but calling him a hack fan is demonstrably wrong.

#19 dclive1776

dclive1776

True Gator

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:01 AM

Neither Driskel or Harris could run and throw together really well.  Driskel could run, but not throw well, the opposite for Harris. 

Now as a HC in the SEC, he will never be better than Saban and the UF hopeful HAS to understand that  Let's just hope he can recruit and coach.............THIS IS THE SEC.

McElwain has a large learning curve to endure from some really good SEC coaches in Saban, Miles, Richt, Spurrier, Mahlzan, Mullen,  Pinkel and Sumlin........  and the fast upstarts in Jones, Bielma, Freeze, and Stoops.   When you think of it......the SEC has the collection of greatest coaches by far than any other conference.   Yeah UF fans..........the time will come.........but will you and the UF faithful give him that time?

Let's break these down from a fundamental standpoint.

1. So Driskel could run, but couldn't throw while Harris could throw, but not run. Got it.

2. I hope THIS IS THE SEC catches on. I really do. I'll end all my statements that way. For example, "I got my car washed today. THIS IS THE SEC!"

3. UF faithful? UF hopeful? The Church of Albert and the Latter Day Gators?

#20 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

We'll see what offense Coach Mac puts in at Florida. Based on his Heinz 57 approach, it may be different than what people expect.  We still have a lot of spread pieces and players to work with at Florida.  It's going to be fun to watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users