• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 net0638

net0638

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

Is it me but,  does the new coach annoy you? He is like a character out of a movie

#2 vulcan_alex

vulcan_alex

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 9,547 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

He will only annoy me if he behaves like our last coach and wins like him.  Otherwise he is somewhat corny but nice.

I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn

#3 net0638

net0638

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

corny is a good word

#4 Amazin1

Amazin1

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:24 PM

he's quirky...reminds me of a preacher i used to know. if he wins...i don't care!

#5 crl

crl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

He's a bit goofy, but he's more entertaining than any other head coach in the SEC except maybe Spurrier.

• TNGatorGirl1 likes this

#6 GatorCommander

GatorCommander

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

Annoying? Honestly, no sunshine pumping here, but not at all. Frankly, his just "hometown" down to earth demeanor was refreshing. He's not a politician and that's a good thing to me. He comes across very genuine, and that should really help us in recruiting down the road. He didn't come across like he was trying to win over the Gator Nation, he came across like some guy who was happy to be here.  

• G8RATL, AugustaGator, vulcan_alex and 6 others like this

#7 GatorDrew

GatorDrew

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationStuart, FL

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

Is it me but, does the new coach annoy you? He is like a character out of a movie

Nope, I like his personality and his message. I can see how some would be, I guess. Everyone has a different take on it.

#8 John_Blutarsky

John_Blutarsky

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:25 PM

How could you not like a guy who thinks he can win with a dog named Clairabell? Frankly, given the performance of Driskel and Harris, Clairabell would probably be a good bet to lead the Orange team in the Spring game. 

• Ga Gator and GatorCommander like this

#9 DrW

DrW

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

Really?

Discussions of whether you like him or not?

Who  cares if you do.

Let's see how he performs in all areas of coaching.

• vulcan_alex likes this

#10 lagator

lagator

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:38 AM

So far he's very personable and clearly comfortable in front of the Mic.  Anyone remember how Urban was his first press conferences?  He looked scared sh*tless and was extremely awkward.  I like Mack a lot.  

Now lets see what kind of class he signs.

• Ga Gator likes this

#11 CucamongaCrackaKilla

CucamongaCrackaKilla

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:26 AM

I actually enjoyed his press conference. He seemed down to earth and liked to joke. Read somewhere else he was pretty sarcastic. As long as he turns us around, I could care less how he acts.

• Ga Gator and GatorCommander like this

#12 G8RATL

G8RATL

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

I did think it came across a bit corny but love the "downhome" good guy feel.  I have a feeling he' going to drop some quirky, stealth jabs at our rivals along the way.  He clearly sees this as a great opportunity and I like that he is not set on any one way to approach the game.  Just Win!

• Ga Gator likes this

#13 ShadowGator

ShadowGator

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:00 AM

He is very much like Spurrier, but probably will not ruffle the feathers as much.  I think he will be good for one liners in the season and the team will gain respect in him for his confidence.

• Ga Gator likes this

#14 frankdafixer

frankdafixer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

Two words, there's no unbridled ego present, just confidence..........

• Ga Gator and G8RNurse like this

#15 orange60

orange60

Senior Gator

• Banned
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:20 AM

McElwain is the UF head coach?   After the interview on TV, I just started laughing.   I thought......is Foley doing this as a joke?   This guy should be coaching at FSU, because he is a clown!!!   The type of answers he gives are from an episode of HEE  HAW...................Hey Grandpa  ..........what's fer supper?   I sure do like them sweet taters ........................YUM YUM.  Can we get a grill for the game and cookout?   Maybe I'll have some popcorn later.  I'm gonna have a Humane Society offense........a little of this and a little of that...........let's stir it up and we'll see what comes out..........HARDYYYY HARR HARR.  

Seriously......this is the guy for UF?   

Look up the stats .....his winning percentage is the same as guess who?    Coach Will Muschamp!!!!!!     Foley must love the number 57 because that is the same winning percentage for both coaches.   I can't believe a school like UF goes out and spends around $16 million dollars for this guy!!!!.    Most other schools in the SEC wouldn't have given this guy a sniff.

#16 ShadowGator

ShadowGator

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:27 AM

McElwain is the UF head coach?   After the interview on TV, I just started laughing.   I thought......is Foley doing this as a joke?   This guy should be coaching at FSU, because he is a clown!!!   The type of answers he gives are from an episode of HEE  HAW...................Hey Grandpa  ..........what's fer supper?   I sure do like them sweet taters ........................YUM YUM.  Can we get a grill for the game and cookout?   Maybe I'll have some popcorn later.  I'm gonna have a Humane Society offense........a little of this and a little of that...........let's stir it up and we'll see what comes out..........HARDYYYY HARR HARR.  

Seriously......this is the guy for UF?   

Look up the stats .....his winning percentage is the same as guess who?    Coach Will Muschamp!!!!!!     Foley must love the number 57 because that is the same winning percentage for both coaches.   I can't believe a school like UF goes out and spends around $16 million dollars for this guy!!!!.    Most other schools in the SEC wouldn't have given this guy a sniff.

Perhaps you should consider where McElwain brought CSU from year 1 to year 3, and then compare that to Muschamp from year 1 to year 3...  then get back to us on your rant.

• Ga Gator likes this

#17 orange60

orange60

Senior Gator

• Banned
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

57 %

#18 GatorCommander

GatorCommander

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

57 %

I'm sure your lunch break ends soon at the local Tallahassee Jiffy Lube, so I'll try to be quick. First of all you have spouted of statistics as if it was fact, however, you are now about to be defeated by science. Let a math graduate from UF school you my friend. 

First of all McElwain's winning percentage as a head coach is 58% not 57% (but that's negligible). 

By examining Will Muschamps winning percentage statistically to determine the correlation between years as head coach and number of games won, the math becomes overwhelming as to why Muschamp was fired. There is no linear correlation between how many years Muschamp will be head coach and the number of games he'll win in a season (F-value: 0.19, p-value < 0.704,  R^2 adj: 0.00%). Frankly, the simple linear regression proves that Muschamp is unpredictable, and there clearly is no evidence to support that Muschamp at this point is correlated with winning games. 

Now, for McElwain, by examining his winning percentages using the same statistical analysis we get a much different picture. First of all there is STRONG STATISTICAL SIGNIFICANCE to show a distinct POSITIVE ASSOCIATION between that the number of years Mac coaches, and the number of games that will be won (F-value: 1875, p-value > 0.15, R^2 adj: 99.89%). This gives us the regression equation of Mac's winning percentage= 0.0767+.25(number of years Mac is head coach). So by plugging those numbers in for Mac's 4th year of being a head coach we could expect to see his winning percentage go up by 107%, or from 83% in 2014, to 89% in 2015. 

Remember, we can't even predict Muschamp because he is statistically not correlated to winning. As far as everything else you said, it is all subjective and before you get to upset about subjective matters consider that some people may consider you to be ignorant, stupid or a host of other bad names. 

Also, are there any holiday specials going on right now at Jiffy Lube? I need to get an oil change and I usually just take it to the dealership, but I'm pretty busy right now so I thought maybe I'd just swing through they old Jiffy. If I say Orange60 sent me do you get credit, like for a referral? I mean I'm not coming to that anus of Tallahassee but I mean I want to get you a little something for the holiday season. 

#19 John_Blutarsky

John_Blutarsky

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

I'm sure your lunch break ends soon at the local Tallahassee Jiffy Lube, so I'll try to be quick. First of all you have spouted of statistics as if it was fact, however, you are now about to be defeated by science. Let a math graduate from UF school you my friend. 

First of all McElwain's winning percentage as a head coach is 58% not 57% (but that's negligible). 

By examining Will Muschamps winning percentage statistically to determine the correlation between years as head coach and number of games won, the math becomes overwhelming as to why Muschamp was fired. There is no linear correlation between how many years Muschamp will be head coach and the number of games he'll win in a season (F-value: 0.19, p-value < 0.704,  R^2 adj: 0.00%). Frankly, the simple linear regression proves that Muschamp is unpredictable, and there clearly is no evidence to support that Muschamp at this point is correlated with winning games. 

Now, for McElwain, by examining his winning percentages using the same statistical analysis we get a much different picture. First of all there is STRONG STATISTICAL SIGNIFICANCE to show a distinct POSITIVE ASSOCIATION between that the number of years Mac coaches, and the number of games that will be won (F-value: 1875, p-value > 0.15, R^2 adj: 99.89%). This gives us the regression equation of Mac's winning percentage= 0.0767+.25(number of years Mac is head coach). So by plugging those numbers in for Mac's 4th year of being a head coach we could expect to see his winning percentage go up by 107%, or from 83% in 2014, to 89% in 2015. 

Remember, we can't even predict Muschamp because he is statistically not correlated to winning. As far as everything else you said, it is all subjective and before you get to upset about subjective matters consider that some people may consider you to be ignorant, stupid or a host of other bad names. 

Also, are there any holiday specials going on right now at Jiffy Lube? I need to get an oil change and I usually just take it to the dealership, but I'm pretty busy right now so I thought maybe I'd just swing through they old Jiffy. If I say Orange60 sent me do you get credit, like for a referral? I mean I'm not coming to that anus of Tallahassee but I mean I want to get you a little something for the holiday season. 

So you're saying he has a chance to do good, right? 

• rkoch7 likes this

#20 orange60

orange60

Senior Gator

• Banned
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

hey commander:

you obvious can't read a post.......not anywhere near Tally.  When you get your head out of your butt, you will re-read that I said McElwain belongs in Tally with the rest of the clowns......because he is a clown.   As far as your linear progression goes.....your F values and your P values are based on supposition not fact .   Mac was not a HC for 25 years idiot.   There's at least three non real facts in your statistical progression correlation............all assumption.   Guess what an assumption does for ya......makes an azz  out of yourself..........which everyone else here already sees.  

As for getting me something for Christmas........you already have.......my laughing at you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users