• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 CSU Lofaszz

CSU Lofaszz

Baby Gator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:08 AM

CSU fan here-I come in peace, so please no vitriol allowed.

A couple things: 

1) The dream job scenario is more black and white than just word play. Florida was NEVER laid out as one of the schools under his "dream job" criteria. Alabama and Tennessee were laid out

2) Spare the hatred and name calling of our president. He isn't some bitter boss trying to hold his employee from leaving

3) The contract is binding. You want him? Pay the buyout. Mac wants to leave? Pay the buyout. No one held a gun to his head forcing him to sign it

4) FWIW, I want Mac to leave now. No point in having a coach who doesn't wanna be here

5) I guarantee he will win you at least a SEC title, if not a national championship. He is fantastic as a coach but he is clearly sphizophrenic

6) Your AD should be fired, for thinking he could storm in and negotiate the buyout with ease

#2 gatorhart

gatorhart

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

A couple things: 

1) The dream job scenario is more black and white than just word play. Florida was NEVER laid out as one of the schools under his "dream job" criteria. Alabama and Tennessee were laid out

2) Spare the hatred and name calling of our president. He isn't some bitter boss trying to hold his employee from leaving

3) The contract is binding. You want him? Pay the buyout. Mac wants to leave? Pay the buyout. No one held a gun to his head forcing him to sign it

4) FWIW, I want Mac to leave now. No point in having a coach who doesn't wanna be here

5) I guarantee he will win you at least a SEC title, if not a national championship. He is fantastic as a coach but he is clearly sphizophrenic

6) Your AD should be fired, for thinking he could storm in and negotiate the buyout with ease

Mac is now damaged goods. He does CSU no good, and your Pres knows it. So now it becomes, just how much does UF pay. As far as JF, many Gator fans feel as you do. But for other reasons. Either way, this will not end up good unless both sides negotiate in good faith.

#3 CSU Lofaszz

CSU Lofaszz

Baby Gator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:20 AM

Mac is now damaged goods. He does CSU no good, and your Pres knows it. So now it becomes, just how much does UF pay. As far as JF, many Gator fans feel as you do. But for other reasons. Either way, this will not end up good unless both sides negotiate in good faith.

No negotiating required. Buyout is laid out clear as day in a signed and sealed contract.

You want him? Pay it

• rkoch7 likes this

#4 Lawschoolque

Lawschoolque

True Gator

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:23 AM

stopped reading when you said Mac listed Tennessee as his dream job....but i guess nightmares are dreams too. 

No one in the world places Tenn job above Florida job. No one. 

• g8trs99, GatormanTX, gatorfor88 and 3 others like this

#5 GatorShea

GatorShea

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:23 AM

I hope that this is a lesson for coaches in the future to not allow universities to put buyout clause in their contracts.  At least make it a reasonable sum if you are going to do it.  7.5 million for a coach with less than 5 years as a head coach is absurd.  

#6 DrW

DrW

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

No negotiating required. Buyout is laid out clear as day in a signed and sealed contract.

You want him? Pay it

Do you want to keep him if we can't negotiate and refuse to pay the non-negotiable price ?

#7 flgaurban06

flgaurban06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

Gator here...........yeah, pay the school or why have a contract.   This is easy.

• rkoch7 likes this

#8 GatorShea

GatorShea

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:27 AM

I wouldn't mind a 2-3 million dollar buyout but who came up with the 7.5 million figure?  That has to be more than 3 years of salary that they would be paying him in the coming years.

#9 CSU Lofaszz

CSU Lofaszz

Baby Gator

• Members
  • 5 posts

I hope that this is a lesson for coaches in the future to not allow universities to put buyout clause in their contracts.  At least make it a reasonable sum if you are going to do it.  7.5 million for a coach with less than 5 years as a head coach is absurd.  

Which is why everyone in FoCo thinks McElwain was dropped on his head.

For 3 years he said CSU/FoCo was he and his wifes dream job/location. That he wanted to build us into the premiere P5 program (the new Boise St) etc.  Which was clearly a lie, so why sign the contract?  He even said himself the only person who could hire him away and afford his buyout was Bill Gates

He has problems

#10 ShadowGator

ShadowGator

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

You want him? Pay it

Buyouts are negotiated all the time, it is the starting point.   Look at schools leaving conferences, they never pay the full amount.   CSU can get $3 million up front, then paid to come to Gainesville for two games at $1million a piece and perhaps have the basketball team play you as well.  The games would be great for exposure in the state of Florida for a program that needs to be in front of recruits more and they could walk away with $5 million as well.  

CSU could even require McElwain to pay $500k each year for four years to pay off another $2 million, bringing the total to 7 million.

If CSU doesn't go for something like that, your school is burying itself because other big name schools will look unfavorably on CSU for future scheduling.  You know there is a good old boy network among the power 5 and CSU's handling of it is being watched.  As longs as negotiations are in good faith and everyone benefits, all is well.  CSU sticking to the 7.5 will result in being paid the full amount, but being black balled as a result... and that is just stupid for CSU going forward.

• HardToKillGtr likes this

#11 Swampsoup

Swampsoup

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

Attached File  image.jpg   25KB   2 downloads
"They hate because we are great" " We are great because we are Gators!"

#12 Don't Mean Nothing

Don't Mean Nothing

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

Why are we feeding this psychotic idiot CSU fan? 

#13 diehardg8r

diehardg8r

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 6,941 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

Were moving on from this mistake, I hope! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante

#14 GatorFan

GatorFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

In any negotiation there is a pause which we can call the Blink stage .Thats where we are now.Then as time and deadlines close in both sides usually come to a common ground and a deal is reached.

I am sure it will apply in this situation as well.

• GatorFan likes this

#15 rllrll

rllrll

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:52 AM

Which is why everyone in FoCo thinks McElwain was dropped on his head.

For 3 years he said CSU/FoCo was he and his wifes dream job/location. That he wanted to build us into the premiere P5 program (the new Boise St) etc.  Which was clearly a lie, so why sign the contract?  He even said himself the only person who could hire him away and afford his buyout was Bill Gates

He has problems

Sounds like UM!!!

#16 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

A couple things: 

I guess you are Jim McElwain's spokesperson who is paid to convey his thoughts and dreams to the college football world.  Good for you!

You tell us not to call your president names but then you turn around and expect us to fire our AD?  I guess equity does not exist in Colorado.

Points 4 and 5 are valid, espcially five, as I am sure Mac dreams of winning a national championship and that just ain't gonna happen at CSU, where your two most bitter rivals are Colorado and Wyoming?  How many times has Game Day been to your schools?

:drama:  :nofeedtroll:

#17 biggator6

biggator6

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

If CSU doesn't go for something like that, your school is burying itself because other big name schools will look unfavorably on CSU for future scheduling.  You know there is a good old boy network among the power 5 and CSU's handling of it is being watched.  As longs as negotiations are in good faith and everyone benefits, all is well.  CSU sticking to the 7.5 will result in being paid the full amount, but being black balled as a result... and that is just stupid for CSU going forward.

Dingdingding... winner.

Go steal a couple of cars, go break into a couple of houses. Do whatever it takes, you know, just to get that attitude back. Go out there and do something bad, it doesn’t matter. -- Antrel Rolle on 'Da U'

#18 CSU Lofaszz

CSU Lofaszz

Baby Gator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

Dingdingding... winner.

Hahaha. I don't think so. We're not scared

"THE contract supercedes any prior agreements, written or verbal."

No dream job scenario. Contract is a contract. 

#19 biggator6

biggator6

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

That may be true... doesn't mean it isn't shooting yourself in the foot.

Go steal a couple of cars, go break into a couple of houses. Do whatever it takes, you know, just to get that attitude back. Go out there and do something bad, it doesn’t matter. -- Antrel Rolle on 'Da U'

#20 DunedinDan

DunedinDan

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

Oh, so now you are the spokesperson for the entire CSU community?  WOW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users