• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gatorhar

gatorhar

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:30 AM

He has to go to the Engineering School and get them to build us a coach. The coach needs to have Ray Graves’ professionalism and integrity, Charlie Pell’s ability to meet with the Gator Boosters and fund raise, Steve Spurrier’s offensive genius and humor, Ron Zook’s recruiting ability, Urban Meyer’s tenaciousness and special teams expertise and Will Muschamp’s defensive expertise, high character and ability to take care of the student athletes.  

• NashvilleG8R likes this

1714b95da67658de1268111975.jpg

Cause the Gators never let you down. They're always here. Every fall, they're here. At 12:00 or at 12:30 or at 3:30 or at 7:00 or at 7:45, there is a game. Does anyone else in your life do that? This is a real family. This is the family that's here for you.

#2 Tifosi

Tifosi

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:40 PM

I think that would be more of a job for the medical school as it will involve dna splicing and such.  I mean after all, it was a doctor who build Frankenstein, not an engineer.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I don't think any of our contestants this evening have succeeded in encapsulating the intricacies of Proust's masterwork, so I'm going to award the first prize this evening to the girl with the biggest tits...

#3 Seanryan596

Seanryan596

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

I'll take Meyer's recruiting over Zooks honestly...Meyer was insanely good at recruiting till he stopped caring. 

• gatordad3 likes this

#4 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:49 PM

He has to go to the Engineering School and get them to build us a coach. The coach needs to have Ray Graves’ professionalism and integrity, Charlie Pell’s ability to meet with the Gator Boosters and fund raise, Steve Spurrier’s offensive genius and humor, Ron Zook’s recruiting ability, Urban Meyer’s tenaciousness and special teams expertise and Will Muschamp’s defensive expertise, high character and ability to take care of the student athletes.  

Exactly.  What's so difficult in that?

#5 Captain Oblivious

Captain Oblivious

Redshirt Gator

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

He has to go to the Engineering School and get them to build us a coach. The coach needs to have Urban Meyer's integrity, Charlie Pell’s ability to shake down the Gator Boosters and pay players, Will Muschamp's offensive genius, Dickey's recruiting ability, Ron Zook's humor and Spurrier’s defensive expertise.

Let's hope it's not the same group who tried to mechanize the alligator years ago.

#6 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:58 PM

Actually, all he has to do is hire a head coach that realizes that the offense is on the field to do something other than to run out the clock. Oh, and a few less humiliating losses would be icing on the cake.

#7 gatorgrad'02

gatorgrad'02

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:15 AM

I'll take Meyer's recruiting over Zooks honestly...Meyer was insanely good at recruiting till he stopped caring.

Meyer certainly did a great job of recruiting players with high accolades and stars, but I honestly think Zook had a better eye for talent.

#8 Seanryan596

Seanryan596

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

Meyer certainly did a great job of recruiting players with high accolades and stars, but I honestly think Zook had a better eye for talent.

08 Florida may have been the most talented team in Florida history. So don't know. Zook was better at finding that three star work horse. Meyer was better at getting the big time studs. I'd prefer a mix of both, but Meyer got the elite of the elite in high school for a number of years. Attitude problems of course though lol

#9 Tifosi

Tifosi

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

Given what has happened, I would agree that UM was an excellent recruiter of athletic talent.  But I also have to say that I feel he was a poor recruiter of, shall we say, quality character individuals.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I don't think any of our contestants this evening have succeeded in encapsulating the intricacies of Proust's masterwork, so I'm going to award the first prize this evening to the girl with the biggest tits...

#10 Double Gator Dad

Double Gator Dad

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:12 PM

Let's hope it's not the same group who tried to mechanize the alligator years ago.

Wow, somebody else is old enough to remember that ridiculous thing. What an embarrassment.

#11 Trung

Trung

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

I think that would be more of a job for the medical school as it will involve dna splicing and such.  I mean after all, it was a doctor who build Frankenstein, not an engineer.

Didn't you see the Jurassic World trailer?  They just made a new dinosaur with spliced DNA.  Surely scientists can create something as simple as a great football coach.

#12 InstiGATOR

InstiGATOR

True Gator

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

Actually what he needs to do to satisfy the UF fan base is go to Spurrier appolgize for Machen being such a jerk and tell him his alma mater needs him.  At first there may be some skeptics, but as they see the fear well up in other SEC fan bases, all but a very few will be on board.  [Alabama tried to hire him when Meyer was stride the SEC and Spurrier told them to go hard after Saban.]  

How this will work out over the next five years, no one knows for sure.  I think he would win the SEC east next year, but any coaching hire is a crap shoot so who knows.

As for your amusing list why did you omit Doug Dickey and Galen Hall?  If you are going to pretend that Zook could recruit you surely could have found something for DIckey and Hall had many good traits.  For one unlike Meyer Hall was a great program steward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users