• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 rapidrose

rapidrose

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:35 PM

this hurts my head.... seriously - I can't understand why ppl cannot see the obvious.

1. The uga game was not really much progress.  Treon went 3-6 for 27 yards.  If they would've played Jeff Im sure he could've handed it off all day long too.  The difference is, with Treon in they ran and ran and ran.  With driskel they tried to call more passes, they just didn't work.   In no instance over the past 4 years has a Muschamp team consistently been able to mount a passing attack.

2.  The program has not made much progress today.  Yes, they won a single game.  But UF still likely won't win the east.  They aren't going to be ranked, they can't throw the ball.  If the opposing defense can stop the run, UF won't score.

3.  Because of #2 - we will surely see more losses in the future.   Because the offense still is not fixed, the program simply cannot progress.   

I cannot believe people cannot see this extremely obvious situation - UGA is not a good team.  Plus, they play a style champ is comfortable with and can consequently beat 

• gatorsburg, g8tortech and guacandchips like this

#22 swampcabbage

swampcabbage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:35 PM

What bothers me is when you fckn DOMINATE our most hated rival and fans find problems with it.  We beat their asses today when they were a big favorite.  It does not get  better than beating UGA in dominate style.  I can never remember when we beat them so badly at the line of scrimmage.

This Gator isn't finding a problem with it other than the fact that we should have been doing this all year!

#23 nugent1021

nugent1021

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:37 PM

What bothers me is when you fckn DOMINATE our most hated rival and fans find problems with it.  We beat their asses today when they were a big favorite.  It does not get  better than beating UGA in dominate style.  I can never remember when we beat them so badly at the line of scrimmage.

this is true. and awesome. No one I hate more than Georgia. That's a big G for Stupid. 

• NashvilleG8R likes this

#24 swampcabbage

swampcabbage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:37 PM

this hurts my head.... seriously - I can't understand why ppl cannot see the obvious.

1. The uga game was not really much progress.  Treon went 3-6 for 27 yards.  If they would've played Jeff Im sure he could've handed it off all day long too.  The difference is, with Treon in they ran and ran and ran.  With driskel they tried to call more passes, they just didn't work.   In no instance over the past 4 years has a Muschamp team consistently been able to mount a passing attack.

2.  The program has not made much progress today.  Yes, they won a single game.  But UF still likely won't win the east.  They aren't going to be ranked, they can't throw the ball.  If the opposing defense can stop the run, UF won't score.

3.  Because of #2 - we will surely see more losses in the future.   Because the offense still is not fixed, the program simply cannot progress.   

I cannot believe people cannot see this extremely obvious situation - UGA is not a good team.  Plus, they play a style champ is comfortable with and can consequently beat 

~chuckle~  Rapidrose, pop a pill - we are all confused.

• gatordad3 and GatormanTX like this

#25 swampcabbage

swampcabbage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

this is true. and awesome. No one I hate more than Georgia. That's a big G for Stupid. 

Good point nugent!  So many people think fsu is our big rival, nope - it's georgia.

• gatordad3 and mtn2top like this

#26 gatorpe

gatorpe

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

Funniest post today.  Did you watch the game. Did you not  see the offensive line dominate UGA.  Did you not  see our def, hold down the highest scoring SEC offense?  Did you not see the excitement and much more disciplined play of our guys on both sides.  Did you not see us absolutely HAMMER our biggest hated rival on both lines of scrimmage.  And this was not progress?  You are either a teenager or hate Will so bad your judgement is clouded.  This was progress.  This was a much needed win by our boys.  ANYTIME you beat uga and beat them badly it is a great day for the gators.  Your definition of progress must not match mine in anyway.

• NashvilleG8R, gatordad3, mtn2top and 3 others like this

Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy

#27 GatormanTX

GatormanTX

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:15 PM

I don't agree with rapid that there was no progress but if one game is all the progress you need for everyone to get in line then your definition of progress must not match mine in any way. 

You can't spell toolbox with O and X

#28 Travis McGee

Travis McGee

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:21 PM

Before the board got shut down, i argued that Brissett would havea better season than Driskel and was flamed for days even suggesting it. 

How am I looking now? 

It's hard to tally up the mistakes Muschamp had made. But he had a good day today, and so let's celebrate. 

#29 GatorTruth133

GatorTruth133

True Gator

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:46 PM

The only place I disagree is that I am not sure a coach really has to do anything for the fans. His job is to prepare the players and win. Just my opinion on this, nothing more.

I did not determine for myself that WM was a bad coach from any one game nor will I say he is a good coach because of one game. I have thought he was in over his head since he got here and I still believe that. If he won every game except FSU at this point and we saw improvement every game, I would still not like hi as a coach but I won't complain if they ended up keeping him.

This

#30 SavannahGator

SavannahGator

Head Ball Coach

• Members
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:03 PM

There was no need for Harris to throw it today considering how great they were running it. 

I'm sure there was a passing game planned out, but why bother using it?

I was there today.  You just cannot imagine how windy it was there unless you were there.  I'm sure TV did not do it justice.  There was absolutely no reason to throw the ball if we didn't have to.  And we didn't have to.  Kudos to the O-line, Kelvin, and Matt, and even to Treon, for just doing what he was asked to do without making any serious mistakes.

• mtn2top and gatorfor88 like this
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson

#31 mtn2top

mtn2top

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:03 PM

If you're a Gator, just enjoy what will surely be one of the most memorable and dominating wins in this series.

All the questions and concerns about Muschamp keeping his job or not will work itself out over the coming weeks.  If it takes a bunker mentality to get this team playing together, then let's hunker down in the bunker for a few more weeks and see what happens.

#32 suwanneegator

suwanneegator

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:08 PM

I hear you. It is not the high road, I just look at as a business and what a CEO's # role is. The fans come 2nd to that. If he performs on role#1 the he really has no fan issue. If he does not perform on role #1 it is still role #1 that gets him fired, not the fans.

I'm not trying to argue with you but maybe you can clear up a point for me. Are you saying that as a CEO making decisions the customers come 2nd? From my point of view the fans are the same thing as customers.  I don't know of very many businesses that kept their doors open by pissing off the customers (fans). The fans money is what fuels the Gators great financial success. I know there are a few fat wallets that contribute a large amount of $'s to the school but it is the 90,000+ butts in the seats and the untold millions of other fans that can't attend the game every week but buys NCAA sanctioned apparel every season that fills the coffers.

Not worth much but that's my $.02.

#33 GatormanTX

GatormanTX

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:20 PM

I'm not trying to argue with you but maybe you can clear up a point for me. Are you saying that as a CEO making decisions the customers come 2nd? From my point of view the fans are the same thing as customers.  I don't know of very many businesses that kept their doors open by pissing off the customers (fans). The fans money is what fuels the Gators great financial success. I know there are a few fat wallets that contribute a large amount of $'s to the school but it is the 90,000+ butts in the seats and the untold millions of other fans that can't attend the game every week but buys NCAA sanctioned apparel every season that fills the coffers.

Not worth much but that's my $.02.

Not sure how I can say it any clearer than I did but of course the customers are important. However, no one hires a coach and says your #1 priority is to make the fans happy or the customers in the case of CEO. They tell you as a CEO that you better increase profit, market share, etc. etc. etc. If they do those things then they are likely taking care of the customers. For the coach, he is told win. Prepare these young meant to win. If the coach does that the fans will be happy, if he does not they will not. But he is not likely to be fired for making the fan base unhappy, he is likely to be fired for not winning. The fan response is secondary to the goal of winning. For example. You can have a coach that is winning the SEC East year after year but he cannot win over the West in the championship game. The likelihood of that coach being fired because the fans are ticked that he cannot win the SEC championship are slim. Those championship games are usually written in as bonuses, not as metrics. Just my .02 after serving as CEO, COO and CFO in many companies. I guess we are just peeling an onion two different ways. 

You can't spell toolbox with O and X

#34 L-Boy

L-Boy

Gatorsports Legend

• Members
  • 11,734 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:23 PM

Funniest post today.  Did you watch the game. Did you not  see the offensive line dominate UGA.  Did you not  see our def, hold down the highest scoring SEC offense?  Did you not see the excitement and much more disciplined play of our guys on both sides.  Did you not see us absolutely HAMMER our biggest hated rival on both lines of scrimmage.  And this was not progress?  You are either a teenager or hate Will so bad your judgement is clouded.  This was progress.  This was a much needed win by our boys.  ANYTIME you beat uga and beat them badly it is a great day for the gators.  Your definition of progress must not match mine in anyway.

IF we could replicate today's running attack, or close to it, passing opportunities would present themselves, and I think Treon is good enough to make those passes.  He seems to have a nice touch and fairly accurate.   If you can roll out 2 backs that can each run over 100 yds, you are going to be able to do pretty much whatever you want.  As long as you don't have a QB in there that is going to make catastrophic mistakes like Driskel.

• PAGator likes this

#35 ccsdk

ccsdk

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:48 AM

There is something about TH that displays a quiet confidence. Even though he threw a handful of passes  vs. UGA, he still managed the game and everyone played well, around him. He's not up-tight, or panicky or intense which is what we need now. He seems to make others play better because its not all about him, its about the team. If he is as talented and successful as everyone claims he's been then I think this is just what UF needs. He could be the key piece in this being the start of the Gators turn-around. I hope he continues to improve and gain confidence this week and I hope we start to see the coaches trusting him more. Vandy would be a great game to work on some things. I can't wait to see the next game.

-GG

#36 The RH Factor

The RH Factor

Bull Gator

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:10 AM

I can remember when Georgia's game plan would result in running 60 times for 300 yards and throwing about a dozen times for 60 yards.  We "Georgia-ed" Georgia last night.

As Dooley often says, Florida fans take a win harder than fans from other schools.

Muschamp is in the unenviable position that the more he wins, the more fans want to get rid of him because "he can't coach."

#37 NashvilleG8R

NashvilleG8R

Freshman Gator

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

What bothers me is they spent 2 weeks with a new starting QB just to run the ball the whole game? I mean Driskel could have done that. I know that game plan, for whatever reason, worked today but that more than likely will not carry them the rest of the season.

Agree but consider a few things...The wind was blowing ridic. I bet the missed FG made the coaching staff pull back what few pass plays they had. B/C it was a rivalry game, my guess is that the coaches were trying to keep TH calm and not asking him to do to much. Why stop running when the leg humpers could not stop the run. i think that Roper saw something in his preparation and exploited it..IMO that is what a good OC does. They were prepared and executed. I would have liked to see a few play action passes on 1st down as the safety kept creeping. Think TH could have gotten one to DR for a big throw and catch TD but the result is a W regardless.

#38 swampcabbage

swampcabbage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:52 AM

I can remember when Georgia's game plan would result in running 60 times for 300 yards and throwing about a dozen times for 60 yards.  We "Georgia-ed" Georgia last night.

As Dooley often says, Florida fans take a win harder than fans from other schools.

Muschamp is in the unenviable position that the more he wins, the more fans want to get rid of him because "he can't coach."

You were doing fine until you inserted that lt sentence, "Muschamp is in the unenviable position that the more he wins, the more fans want to get rid of him because "he can't coach."

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, but right now "the more he wins" doesn't apply.

• gatordad3 and g8tortech like this

#39 biggator6

biggator6

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

Well.. we did give up about 450yds.. so lets not get too crazy about how great our D played.  Yes, some of it was trash time, but Chubb had over 100 in the first quarter alone.

Go steal a couple of cars, go break into a couple of houses. Do whatever it takes, you know, just to get that attitude back. Go out there and do something bad, it doesn’t matter. -- Antrel Rolle on 'Da U'

#40 swampcabbage

swampcabbage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:58 AM

Not sure how I can say it any clearer than I did but of course the customers are important. However, no one hires a coach and says your #1 priority is to make the fans happy or the customers in the case of CEO. They tell you as a CEO that you better increase profit, market share, etc. etc. etc. If they do those things then they are likely taking care of the customers. For the coach, he is told win. Prepare these young meant to win. If the coach does that the fans will be happy, if he does not they will not. But he is not likely to be fired for making the fan base unhappy, he is likely to be fired for not winning. The fan response is secondary to the goal of winning. For example. You can have a coach that is winning the SEC East year after year but he cannot win over the West in the championship game. The likelihood of that coach being fired because the fans are ticked that he cannot win the SEC championship are slim. Those championship games are usually written in as bonuses, not as metrics. Just my .02 after serving as CEO, COO and CFO in many companies. I guess we are just peeling an onion two different ways. 

GatormanTX, would you say a football team is more like a business, or a military?  In the military we (used to) say "the taxpayer" is the customer.  Aren't the fans lin the same category?  I say "used to" because now that I am retired I too am their customer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users