Close Open
Close Open
Photo

The rhetoric about keeping Muschamp so the "kids" can try for a bowl is misguided

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:30 AM

I'm tired of hearing about keeping Muschamp for the sake of the players and their opportunity to make a bowl. Several writers/observers have used this as justification for Foley's decision to delay the firing until the end of the season. 

My question: What about the boosters and fans? You know, the people who fund this program and allow "kids" who frankly would never come close to being accepted at UF without the athletic scholarship to be part of this university? 

Instead, since Muschamp is being stubbornly retained, all the remaining games are being stolen from me by the UAA since I refuse to attend any game in which Muschamp still has the title as head coach. And I know other fans feel the same way. We would be more likely to attend if an interim coach was promoted, the playbook opened up - if nothing else, just to have fun, and the entire roster explored for playmakers (Adam Lane, Alvin Bailey, CJ Worton, etc). Even if it still meant losing and the assistants fishing for other coaching jobs in their spare time, it would still be more interesting than riding out this storm with Muschamp. 

As for the talk about salvaging a bowl so the "kids" can have a "bowl experience", again I ask the UAA to consider the fans. None of us care about attending some beat bowl game in Shreveport or Birmingham, and hardly any Gator fans would even show up. Hell, a lot of you didn't bother going to New Orleans after a 1 loss regular season because you were smart enough to know it was all a mirage and the product of luck. The boringness of the product trumped the excitement of attending a BCS bowl for the vast majority of you (I was there unfortunately because I got suckered in) so what makes the UAA think we would care about the Duck Commander Bowl? 

It's a clever little ploy by Foley to act like it's about doing what's right for the players, but in reality he's just trying to buy himself more time because the second he does fire Muschamp it goes down in the books as failed coaching hire #2 out of 3. 

• Wait ’til next year and g8tortech like this

#2 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:35 AM

You are just looking for things to whine about now.

#3 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

You are just looking for things to whine about now.

I have tix to all remaining games. Luckily since I began my boycott in the 3rd quarter at Bryant Denny Stadium, I hadn't yet booked the flight to Nashville. However, all these games are now being stolen from me because Foley is letting this little charade drag out. 

He ought to reimburse all boosters for half the season if he wants to wait until after FSU to fire this clown of a coach.

#4 VinzClortho

VinzClortho

Senior Gator

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • Location55 Central Park West

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

Does anybody really think that hanging onto Chump gives us a better shot of making a bowl, let alone winning one?

Based on what evidence?

#5 Tifosi

Tifosi

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

Lighten up Francis.  I get it. Your unhappy and need to throw a tantrum.  But do you need to start 100 different threads to whine about the same basic theme?

Well ladies and gentlemen, I don't think any of our contestants this evening have succeeded in encapsulating the intricacies of Proust's masterwork, so I'm going to award the first prize this evening to the girl with the biggest tits...

#6 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,377 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

Does anybody really think that hanging onto Chump gives us a better shot of making a bowl, let alone winning one?

Based on what evidence?

The alternative is placing another unrpoven individual as the interim HC.  Then what do you tell the players?  These kids are probably hanging on by a thread and now you suggest pulling what is left of the rug out from under them.  What do you then do if they rebel after Muschamp is fired?  What if the locker room implodes?  Do you think they make a bowl then? 

You're angry.  We get it.  Like I've said many times before, there isn't a right move.  The best that can be hoped for is damage control while the program prepares to transition. 

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#7 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

The alternative is placing another unrpoven individual as the interim HC.  Then what do you tell the players?  These kids are probably hanging on by a thread and now you suggest pulling what is left of the rug out from under them.  What do you then do if they rebel after Muschamp is fired?  What if the locker room implodes?  Do you think they make a bowl then? 

You're angry.  We get it.  Like I've said many times before, there isn't a right move.  The best that can be hoped for is damage control while the program prepares to transition. 

Who gives a sh-t what the players think or feel? They've had numerous opportunities to make plays for this head coach. 

I also don't care if it implodes. The alternative is some crap bowl that none of us will attend. I'd much rather have an assistant who has one eye on this effort and the other on future job contacts who will be told to open everything up and see who can make plays on this team right now. Even if we lost every single remaining game, that's more interesting than Muschamp ball and would help provide some valuable info to the next coach relative to who can make plays in this program and where the biggest recruiting needs are. 

#8 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

Who gives a sh-t what the players think or feel? They've had numerous opportunities to make plays for this head coach. 

I also don't care if it implodes. The alternative is some crap bowl that none of us will attend. I'd much rather have an assistant who has one eye on this effort and the other on future job contacts who will be told to open everything up and see who can make plays on this team right now. Even if we lost every single remaining game, that's more interesting than Muschamp ball and would help provide some valuable info to the next coach relative to who can make plays in this program and where the biggest recruiting needs are. 

Nice troll post.

#9 Tifosi

Tifosi

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

Where is the ignore button?

Well ladies and gentlemen, I don't think any of our contestants this evening have succeeded in encapsulating the intricacies of Proust's masterwork, so I'm going to award the first prize this evening to the girl with the biggest tits...

#10 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

Where is the ignore button?

Click on your name at the top right.  There should be a list of things you can click on then.  Choose "Manage Ignore Prefs"

#11 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,377 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

We're done.  You're either dumb as a cardboard box or are trolling like a mo fo. 

There's not really an emoticon that says "I'm sorry I honked your boobs, and that you weren't a fan of that."

#12 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,377 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

Click on your name at the top right.  There should be a list of things you can click on then.  Choose "Manage Ignore Prefs"

I'm up to four! 

#13 Soho gator

Soho gator

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

I have tix to all remaining games. Luckily since I began my boycott in the 3rd quarter at Bryant Denny Stadium, I hadn't yet booked the flight to Nashville. However, all these games are now being stolen from me because Foley is letting this little charade drag out. 

He ought to reimburse all boosters for half the season if he wants to wait until after FSU to fire this clown of a coach.

You should become a "fan" of another team.....

#14 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

I'm up to four! 

I had two people ignored, but they were before the board went down.

#15 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

Actually I'm a 3rd generation Gator and donate to the program at a high level....pretty easy for some of you trailer trash drunks who never attended the school and have no financial investment in the program to sit on your decade old computers and call anyone who disagrees trolls. I have probably donated more to this football program through my business than most of you will earn in your lifetimes. 

#16 WobbleGator

WobbleGator

Level 13 Gator

• Members
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:27 AM

Actually I'm a 3rd generation Gator and donate to the program at a high level....pretty easy for some of you trailer trash drunks who never attended the school and have no financial investment in the program to sit on your decade old computers and call anyone who disagrees trolls. I have probably donated more to this football program through my business than most of you will earn in your lifetimes. 

Good for you.  You are the greatest Gator fan of us all.

#17 Soho gator

Soho gator

All-American Gator

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:29 AM

You're sitting naked posting on the inter web from your mommies basement. I get your anger.

#18 Lawrence of Florida

Lawrence of Florida

Heisman Gator

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:32 AM

You're sitting naked posting on the inter web from your mommies basement. I get your anger.

Actually that would be "mommy's basement." 

But, hey, you're some great UF alumnus, right? 

#19 mpgator

mpgator

True Gator

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

We're all very impressed with your money. It certainly means you are right. May we take turns shining your shoes?

#20 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Snatch Magnet

• Members
  • 8,377 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

It's times like these that I like to reflect on the wisdom of the Beastie Boys when they said, and I quote,

Been had a little horsy named Paul Revere
Just me and my horsy and a quart of beer
Riding across the land, kicking up sand
Sheriff's posse on my tail cause I'm in demand
One lonely Beastie I be
All by myself without nobody
The sun is beating down on my baseball hat
The air is gettin' hot the beer is getting flat
Lookin' for a girl I ran into a guy
His name is M.C.A., I said, "Howdy" he said, "Hi"

• WobbleGator likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users